K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Zumo $100 Rebate Offer starts 5/1/10

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Scott_Anderson
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3128
Location: Central Iowa, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Garmin Zumo $100 Rebate Offer starts 5/1/10 Reply with quote

Check it out if your in the market for a new GPS. I blew it and got mine last week. Rolling Eyes

http://garmin.blogs.com/promotions/2010/04/zumo-rebate.html

There are some restrictions so be sure to read the whole rebate form.
_________________
Ride safe.



1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Off the grid
Chaotic Good


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3414
Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still way too expensive.
_________________
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ted
Site Admin


Joined: 03 Apr 2003
Posts: 1117
Location: Further

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably buy one if my 2610 weren't soldiering along so happily Smile
_________________
Ted
KOG#1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl


Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Posts: 10102
Location: Bumf***, WA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the grid wrote:
Still way too expensive.


Yup.
_________________
93 LT (x2)
94 RS
86-97 K75F(K75/100/1100 Frankenbrick)
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott_Anderson
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3128
Location: Central Iowa, USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted wrote:
I'd probably buy one if my 2610 weren't soldiering along so happily Smile


I wouldn't have either if my 2820 was still 100%. Just didn't think it was worth $300 to repair/update.
_________________
Ride safe.



1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
miKeinWIs
Mad Brick Rider


Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Posts: 143
Location: Birchwood, WI

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott,
Maybe you can do a return/repurchase!

I just bought a discontinued Nuvi 750. Woulda loved a Zumo but could not justify $$$. This is my first GPS so wanted to get my feet wet on something more "disposable". Paid $139 from Tigerdirect.com last week. Has needed-for-me earphone jack and MP3.
I missed the screaming deals on refurb 27XX and 28XX's last spring.
Had gone to Bestbuy to put hands on a unit since I'd never done so. Found out Garmin (and maybe everyone else) has discontinued earphone jacks and MP3 functions--except in the ZUMO's. That spurred me to pull the trigger on the 750 before they were gone.
Trying to figure it out now to see if someday a Zumo would be needed.
May turn out my analog GPS (maps) is just fine.
Just another toy to play with.

Good luck
Mike
_________________
'97 K1100LT
Bought 6/30/09 w/26,750 miles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott_Anderson
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3128
Location: Central Iowa, USA

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, yea I already thought of that, but this close to HM3 I wasn't going to mess with it.

Not to mention the fact that I already purchaced it thru a discount vendor so the garmin rebate wouldn't have qualified anyway.

Seems they are directing the rebate to retail sales, not online discount vendors. I did have a local(60 miles away) retailer that would have sold me a 550 for $600(that's 100 below cost) but then I would have had $50 in sales taxes on top of that, so scratch that route of purchase.

I was just looking again at MyGarmin acct, they are showing that the 2820 could be updated to the 2011.10 maps, but when you look at the compatable unit listing for the map set the 2820's aren't listed as compatible.

Now that I have my 550 mounted up and running I may experiment with the 2820 to see if it will swallow the larger map size or not.
_________________
Ride safe.



1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group