| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Scott_Anderson Site Admin
Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 3128 Location: Central Iowa, USA
|
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:41 am Post subject: Garmin Zumo $100 Rebate Offer starts 5/1/10 |
|
|
Check it out if your in the market for a new GPS. I blew it and got mine last week.
http://garmin.blogs.com/promotions/2010/04/zumo-rebate.html
There are some restrictions so be sure to read the whole rebate form. _________________ Ride safe.
1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Off the grid Chaotic Good

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 Posts: 3414 Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.
|
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:13 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Still way too expensive. _________________ Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Ted Site Admin

Joined: 03 Apr 2003 Posts: 1117 Location: Further
|
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:15 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I'd probably buy one if my 2610 weren't soldiering along so happily  _________________
Ted
KOG#1 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Flying Duck PsyKotic Waterfowl

Joined: 27 Jan 2005 Posts: 10102 Location: Bumf***, WA
|
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Off the grid wrote: | | Still way too expensive. |
Yup. _________________ 93 LT (x2)
94 RS
86-97 K75F(K75/100/1100 Frankenbrick)
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Scott_Anderson Site Admin
Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 3128 Location: Central Iowa, USA
|
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:11 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| Ted wrote: | I'd probably buy one if my 2610 weren't soldiering along so happily  |
I wouldn't have either if my 2820 was still 100%. Just didn't think it was worth $300 to repair/update. _________________ Ride safe.
1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
miKeinWIs Mad Brick Rider

Joined: 29 Jun 2009 Posts: 143 Location: Birchwood, WI
|
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:47 am Post subject: |
|
|
Scott,
Maybe you can do a return/repurchase!
I just bought a discontinued Nuvi 750. Woulda loved a Zumo but could not justify $$$. This is my first GPS so wanted to get my feet wet on something more "disposable". Paid $139 from Tigerdirect.com last week. Has needed-for-me earphone jack and MP3.
I missed the screaming deals on refurb 27XX and 28XX's last spring.
Had gone to Bestbuy to put hands on a unit since I'd never done so. Found out Garmin (and maybe everyone else) has discontinued earphone jacks and MP3 functions--except in the ZUMO's. That spurred me to pull the trigger on the 750 before they were gone.
Trying to figure it out now to see if someday a Zumo would be needed.
May turn out my analog GPS (maps) is just fine.
Just another toy to play with.
Good luck
Mike _________________ '97 K1100LT
Bought 6/30/09 w/26,750 miles |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Scott_Anderson Site Admin
Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 3128 Location: Central Iowa, USA
|
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:51 am Post subject: |
|
|
Mike, yea I already thought of that, but this close to HM3 I wasn't going to mess with it.
Not to mention the fact that I already purchaced it thru a discount vendor so the garmin rebate wouldn't have qualified anyway.
Seems they are directing the rebate to retail sales, not online discount vendors. I did have a local(60 miles away) retailer that would have sold me a 550 for $600(that's 100 below cost) but then I would have had $50 in sales taxes on top of that, so scratch that route of purchase.
I was just looking again at MyGarmin acct, they are showing that the 2820 could be updated to the 2011.10 maps, but when you look at the compatable unit listing for the map set the 2820's aren't listed as compatible.
Now that I have my 550 mounted up and running I may experiment with the 2820 to see if it will swallow the larger map size or not. _________________ Ride safe.
1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|