K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you still enjoy and travel?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acentistaha
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Do you still enjoy and travel? Reply with quote

I am fond of traveling before this all covid began, I am wondering how do you maintain your hobby during this pandemic. Which places have you been in to in the past 3 months. Share yiour stories! Smile
flybd5
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing stopping you from traveling, so long as you maintain distancing, wear your mask and use common sense.
Grunter
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Travel and enjoyment Reply with quote

I had my European travel plans scuppered this year. I had left it until September in the hope the virus would have slacked off - no such luck. I still managed about 2500 miles in and around UK including one mammoth run from home to Inverness in Scotland and back in one day - Not far off 670 miles. The run finished in the late evening and what is wrong with that is for the last 120 miles there is one fuel station and no where to have a coffee.

It is what we call MAMBA country - miles and miles of bugger all.

As it does not promise anything else in 2021 I think it will be a ride around the coast of England Scotland and Wales. I don't know the full distance, but keeping as close to the coast as possible it has to be around 3 or 4 thousand miles.

I have just checked and it is just over 3000 miles - no motorways either! At least I save by not having to pay for the ferry to Europe, or take out travel insurance.
AtLarge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flybd5 wrote:
There is nothing stopping you from traveling, so long as you maintain distancing, wear your mask and use common sense.

This!
1973 Honda CL70-K3, 1975 Kawasaki 350 F9-C, 1983 Kawasaki KZ750-K1, 1994 BMW K1100RS, 2008 Suzuki GSX1300-BKK8 #1120
N41EF
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met a BMW group at Tellico Plains this weekend, rode the dragon and several loops around the area. Rules change about masks from state to state. NC still has mask mandates, TN does not. I felt safe everywhere I went, people used common sense.
Acentistaha
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipee, love your stories. I am actually planning to tour around Asia next month. How was thir protocol, is it even strictier now or maybe not at all. has anyone traveled to Asia lately? Which country?
flybd5
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Asia will be as feasible as you think it may be.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/tourism-bubbles-asia-reopening-coronavirus/index.html

I mean, anything is possible, but right now, an Asia tour is going to be entirely uphill at something like a 30 degree slope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: