K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tank jobs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottisha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: tank jobs Reply with quote

Had many bikes but really like this K1100LT 1992. Bought second hand couple years ago. A big storm here caused water in the fuel, so tank was pulled down and many new bits added. Would recommend that anyone with a K11 should get their tank refreshed, if not done already. Just seals, hoses and fil;ter would do, and new fuel lines.The seal round the cap had shrunk. After laying about empty for some time, the o-ring for the underneath fuel level sensor got dry and shrank, so another one of them needed too. I should probably have replaced the sensor, but we get so royally screwed on parts so left it. Of course, while apart, I upgraded the stereo, the speakers, added a new fuse box (accessories) and hooked up a manual fan switch. And that is enough goddam work on this bike for now. There are 3 others in the friggin queue. Oh yeah, one learning also, is that the seat is a damn nuisance when doing battery/electrical work. I just used those fantastic 3 circlips and ripped it off, so easy. Cheers. Scott J
XJ600, project, rustbucket
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: