K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New (to me) 95 K1100RS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotlost

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: New (to me) 95 K1100RS Reply with quote

Hey All,

Thanks to the generosity of some family members, I have found myself the new owner of the aforementioned machine! Currently sitting at 40,412 miles, I am excited to see that number grow.

https://imgur.com/a/fAmpdzl

There are a few blemishes: the seat has a split in it, the side covers are missing the large retainer ring clips (half of each retainer is snapped off), the rear "trunk" cover is missing the top retainer tab, and the plastic retainer that holds the wire headlight clamp is broken out of the housing. The brake lights are currently single-filament bulbs and not the Phillips 2356 "recommended fix" bulbs, but they will be when I manage to find a minute to get over to the auto-parts store.

There's a lot of good, as well! The ABS is error-free (knock on wood), the bike fires right over after a single crank, no major rattles, the suspension seems sound, the previous owner had an aeroflow windscreen, and the bags are key-matched.

I've been reading the forums pretty extensively, I now have about 50 bookmarks for things that need fixing, checking-in-on, or maintaining (looking at you, 25-year-old brake lines), and I am excited to start digging in!

Thanks for being such an extensive resource!
flybd5
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike. Looks like you got yourself your winter project. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: