K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adjustable Paralever strut and tings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject: Adjustable Paralever strut and tings Reply with quote

After the successful launch of the Oilhead adjustable strut, we have had many requests from Kay owners to find a simple and inexpensive system to lower [ or raise ] the seat height of the Paralever models. So we have develped the KAy series which is adjustable from 280mm - 320mm.

Due to the increased volume of orders we have been able to pass cost savings on [ CNC work ] and the cost is now £145 [ + UK VAT and carriage ].

As ever, North American [ and non EU ] countries do NOT pay our VAT [ 20% ]

jay k.
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beachcomber...so i'm assuming the stock length is 300mm, allowing for 20mm (or 13/16") adjustment in either direction?
how do we go about the transaction?
'84 Kawasaki GPz 1100 - The Gypsy
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jay k. wrote:
beachcomber...so i'm assuming the stock length is 300mm, allowing for 20mm (or 13/16") adjustment in either direction?
how do we go about the transaction?

JK,

please excuse tardy response - I am currently dealing with a close family health issue.

However, yes you are correct with the adjustment details.

As with the shox - I am just the developer / ideas man - my pal AC over at Realm Engineering is the supplier.

Just PM me with your private e-mail address and I'll send you all the details. We've found that Paypal is the simplest / quickest method.

I will need your address [ mail ] details and a daytime telephone contact # so we can get an accurate quote for carriage. We have a very good deal with our carriers for the US / Canada and we only charge you our cost. In any event - it's a lot cheaper than your US mail !!!!!

BTW - I'm reliably informed that our new website will be up and running just after Christmas. We have so many newly developed items this year that we haven't told anyone about ! Embarassed That's mainly for Oilheads ...................

The shox continue to be regular sellers and ditto the RAM Power Leads [ plug wire sets ].
jay k.
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent
'84 Kawasaki GPz 1100 - The Gypsy
rbm
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beachcomber, I've sent several emails to AC at Realm but have never received an answer back to them. Can you gently nudge him in the ribs to get back to me please? I had questions about the spring rate on the shocks I recently bought from Realm.
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbm wrote:
Beachcomber, I've sent several emails to AC at Realm but have never received an answer back to them. Can you gently nudge him in the ribs to get back to me please? I had questions about the spring rate on the shocks I recently bought from Realm.

I'll apologise on his behalf ................ his Internet provider went down when we had a national hack here in the UK. Realm were without service for almost 2 weeks and 70% of mails during that period were lost forever !!!!

Please send your enquiry to me [ pm for my address ] and I will ensure it gets dealt with without delay.

That goes for anyone else reading this who thinks RAM are blanking them !!!!

JK and others - we have a catchall carriage cost [ Kay RAMSTRUTT ] for the US and Canada of £22.50. That is tracked and insured. Royal Mail is slightly cheaper, but do not offer tracking.
xjskins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day

1)How, if at all, does this effect the rear spring rate?
2)Say a person wanted to purchase a new shock, should they mention that they have this installed and in which manner (raised or lowered seat height)?
3)How does this compare with purchasing a shorter shock?
4)Can it be used in tandem (jack the the strut for handling improvement but short shock to maintain ride height/ lower the bike +/- 2")?

Cheers

Rick
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xjskins wrote:
G'day

1)How, if at all, does this effect the rear spring rate?
2)Say a person wanted to purchase a new shock, should they mention that they have this installed and in which manner (raised or lowered seat height)?
3)How does this compare with purchasing a shorter shock?
4)Can it be used in tandem (jack the the strut for handling improvement but short shock to maintain ride height/ lower the bike +/- 2")?

Cheers

Rick

Rick excuse delay - we have an ongoing family health issue which is taking my attention at the moment.

1. Rear spring rate remains unaltered - only a different spring will achieve that.
2 The beauty of this system is that you can adjust it to be compatible with whatever set up you have or propose.
3. A shorter shock WILL lover your seat height - but increase the headstock angle - making the steering even slower !
4. Unfortunately - one cancels the other out !!

What are you trying to achieve here? Lower seat height or beeter handling?

As you already mention lower seat / shorter shock I'm guessing you have the same tippy toe problems as me when coming to a halt !!

Whatever means you decide to use [ Paralever is the cheapest optiion ], you can always raise the fork tubes 25mm in the yokes to sharpen the headstock angle - this is what I run on my Kay Streetfighter.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries. We have HANDS ON experience with Kays [ and Oilheads / Airheads ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: