Mad Brick Rider
Joined: 04 Mar 2011
Location: Portsmouth, United Kingdom
|Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:13 pm Post subject: leaking front brake cylinder
|Ok a few probably dumb questions about my K1100rs, but here goes anyway.
1) A few weeks ago after a particularly fast and hard braking run I noticed fluid leaking from underneath master cylinder (it wasn't much but more than a weep), on return I checked the level and took a little out as it looked over full, now it is 3/4 visible in the sight glass on a level surface. I tightened up all screws but it continues to weep, no drips though. Do I do something about it?
2) Will it mean a full cylinder rebuild?
3) How much is the kit?
4) I've read about the need for bleeding kits etc, can I not just do pipe into a jar?
5) If not is it because of the ABS?
6) Will doing this rebuild affect the ABS system at all?
Well I did say a few, sorry if they appear dumb but I did warn you.
Thanks in anticipation for any advice you give.
Riding a 1995 Marakesh red K1100rs
Play up Pompey