| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:13 pm Post subject: 1996 K1100RS at MaxBMW |
|
|
I have NO other knowledge of this K other than seeing it on the dealer's website. I have been to Max's in the past so I know that the showroom does exist.
I have NOT checked the ad for accuracy.
I have no financial interest in this sale in any way.
I DID NOT sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
I have ridden several K-RS BMWs in the past but have never ridden or even seen this bike.
No animals were used, injured or consulted in creating this post.
The picture of the odometer says 5563 miles but it could be an optical illusion, perhaps a Jedi mind trick.
So view the link AT YOUR OWN RISK. GOT IT???????
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/machine/details.asp?ID=2801 _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drikko Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 20 Nov 2009 Posts: 1966 Location: Brisbane, OZ
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
are you sure that's a bmw and not a honda made to look like one?
Is it yours?  _________________ K1100RS '97
Laverda RGS 1000 '84
Jim Young Trailer Sailer 5.7M WB
DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was drunk so please don't take it personally.
'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.'
Oscar Wilde |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:31 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Remember that I might be deceiving you.
Everything I say is a lie. EVERYTHING. Including this post.
The MaxBMW ad is an illusion. You really didn't see anything. Or maybe you did. Or perhaps you don't know what you have seen.
Then again, I don't know if I know???? Ya' know? _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drikko Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 20 Nov 2009 Posts: 1966 Location: Brisbane, OZ
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:33 pm Post subject: |
|
|
no  _________________ K1100RS '97
Laverda RGS 1000 '84
Jim Young Trailer Sailer 5.7M WB
DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was drunk so please don't take it personally.
'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.'
Oscar Wilde |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Flying Duck PsyKotic Waterfowl

Joined: 27 Jan 2005 Posts: 10102 Location: Bumf***, WA
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: 1996 K1100RS at MaxBMW |
|
|
| SugarHillCTD wrote: | | The picture of the odometer says 5563 miles but it could be an optical illusion, perhaps a Jedi mind trick. |
Johnny and I ran into a Jedi mind trick when we were out riding a couple of weeks ago:
 _________________ 93 LT (x2)
94 RS
86-97 K75F(K75/100/1100 Frankenbrick)
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
Last edited by Flying Duck on Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:42 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| drikko wrote: | no  |
Good thing.
Since I am such a liar. But then that is a lie too. _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drikko Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 20 Nov 2009 Posts: 1966 Location: Brisbane, OZ
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:47 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I have never told a lie.....except maybe that one _________________ K1100RS '97
Laverda RGS 1000 '84
Jim Young Trailer Sailer 5.7M WB
DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was drunk so please don't take it personally.
'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.'
Oscar Wilde |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: 1996 K1100RS at MaxBMW |
|
|
| Flying Duck wrote: | | SugarHillCTD wrote: | | The picture of the odometer says 5563 miles but it could be an optical illusion, perhaps a Jedi mind trick. |
Johnny and I ran into a Jedi mind trick when we were out riding a couple of weeks ago:
 |
A mind trick or was that a cholesterol induced semi-coma
Great to run into a way-low mileage K owner on a ride. _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Flying Duck PsyKotic Waterfowl

Joined: 27 Jan 2005 Posts: 10102 Location: Bumf***, WA
|
Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:32 pm Post subject: Re: 1996 K1100RS at MaxBMW |
|
|
| SugarHillCTD wrote: | A mind trick or was that a cholesterol induced semi-coma
Great to run into a way-low mileage K owner on a ride. |
He'd just bought it and liked it. I don't think that odometer will be staying there.
 _________________ 93 LT (x2)
94 RS
86-97 K75F(K75/100/1100 Frankenbrick)
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
blitheringidiot
Joined: 10 Jan 2011 Posts: 7 Location: SLC, UT
|
Posted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
ebay auction just ended at $3,177.00. About what you'd expect this time of year in New Hampshire?
The bike's a bit dinged up, but a good deal for that money and those miles, ja? |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|