K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pirelli Stradas, first impession

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedom45
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Pirelli Stradas, first impession Reply with quote

Trying to find an 18" Z6 Interact rear tire proved difficult for my preferred dealer and caused me to opt for a set of the Stradas. I'll be interested in comparing the mileage, however, the handling is totally neutral and the ride quality is superb. These are confidence inspiring tires!

Pressure: 40 front (4/32nds), 42 rear (7/32nds). Manufactured in Germany.

I'll post added comments as the miles roll up. I want to find some good rain storms this weekend to assess wet weather characteristics.

Does anyone have long term experience with them?
IBA #70 NRA
RAL88
Flying Brick Rider

Location: New Mexico Land of Enchantment and 365 days of riding USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where I got my Z6 Interacts from. Not that it helps now.

http://www.sporttour.com/tires/metzeler_roadtec_z6_interact.htm

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and make it work better"
'96' K1100LT-SE
'97' R850GS-R
Freedom45
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The now discontinued Stradas came off last week, replaced with the next generation Angels. In 11,432 miles, the rear had 3/32nds left and the front had worn but 2/32nds. The main noticeable difference with the new tires is the usual improvement in handling precision. Pirelli is owned by Metzler and while I've liked the Z6 Interacts (K1200), the Pirelli for me is far more confidence inspiring.

Since I enjoy elevated speed whenever reasonable, I consider this tire life acceptable. The joy is the grip in extreme lean angles and, when encountered, the wet weather.

It would be fun to try some current generation Michelins, some Dunlops, etc for comparison, but, for the price I am well served by Pirelli for now.
IBA #70 NRA
drikko
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had no choice in Tamworth a while ago, they put a Michelin on after my PR2 wore out in the middle. I have been stoked with it to be honest. Feels way more rock solid cornering. I've all but eliminated the chicken strips front and back after they put it on.

Not sure exactly which model it is, would have to get up and walk nearly 30 metres to the garage sorry. I'm beering up right now.

What are you running on the Lav1200 as a matter of interest? Everyone says BT45s are the best these days.

DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was drunk so please don't take it personally.

'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.'
Oscar Wilde
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: