| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
RAL88 Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 736 Location: New Mexico Land of Enchantment and 365 days of riding USA
|
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:35 pm Post subject: ZTechnik Vstream windshield deal |
|
|
I started a new post to make sure everyone would see it.
I just purchased a windshield for my LT. I talked to him about the group deal and that we did not get enough people and what he did for me and will do for all of us is to give us free shipping which is about $15 off. They said just mention our K11OG group and they would give us free shipping without any restriction on the how many people buy one. _________________ Rich
"If it ain't broke, take it apart and make it work better"
*************
'96' K1100LT-SE
'97' R850GS-R |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Jim Site Admin

Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 3841 Location: WHERETHEFUNNEVERENDS
|
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:41 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Thanks, Rich. Who do we talk with? Phone number? _________________ Jim
1997 K1100LTSE 94,000 - still has gremlins!
1995 R100RT Classic 16,650 crashed - repaired!
1992 K75RTP 46,000
"We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed." |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Off the grid Chaotic Good

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 Posts: 3414 Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.
|
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:01 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Sounds like you made out better than a group buy especially with something as big as a shield.
Would love to see pics of it mounted! _________________ Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
RAL88 Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 736 Location: New Mexico Land of Enchantment and 365 days of riding USA
|
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:10 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Call 866.983.2465 ask for sales and let them know that you are with K11OG. They should have it all set up. Let me know if you have any trouble. _________________ Rich
"If it ain't broke, take it apart and make it work better"
*************
'96' K1100LT-SE
'97' R850GS-R |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
old guy old bike Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 18 Jul 2007 Posts: 373 Location: Lisbon, OH
|
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:58 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Put mine on tonight after work. Only have about 20 miles on it so my thoughts may change as my miles grow.
The distortion around the "V" shape is distracting. I think this will go away as I get used to it.
There is distortion in the general curved part of the shield. The painted center and edge lines on the road seem to arch and almost come together at the top center of the shield. The factory shield may have done the same thing but it is to cloudy to notice. I don't think I will get accustom to this distraction.
I believe that the buffeting has been reduced. I did notice that I have to raise the shield higher to allow the windstream to hit the vents in the top of my helmet rather than hit me in the face.
Jeff _________________ 1993 K1100LT
2003 K1200GT Gone but not forgotten
2014 Victory Crossraods |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|