K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cee-Bailey windshield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jklnhyde
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Cee-Bailey windshield Reply with quote

I just installed my new Cee-Bailey windshield today. I ordered the standard shape in the green tint with a +5" height. The color is very, very nice and makes the windshield look like it is made of glass, not plastic.
A quick ride around my street sans helmet and with the windshield at the lowest setting, put the wind blast right above my eyebrows; I'm 6'4" and have a stock seat, so eliminating all the wind buffeting should be a simple adjustment now.
I'll have a better report concerning buffeting/vaccum/turbulence/noise tomorrow, when I hit the freeway and some curvy roads.

Rick
1981 Honda CBX
It's not the kill; it's the thrill of the chase.
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other nice thing about the tinted windscreen is that cars are less likely to back over your bike when parallel parked.
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
hirschhs
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't believe it without pics !
Twisted Evil

1994 Yamaha 600 Diversion 'Hers'
2006 Kawasaki Z750s 'Hers'
jklnhyde
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, the windshield is definately worth the money and wait. I did a 75mi loop this morning with my son on the back and there is a noticeable difference in the airflow around the bike. We rode with the screen at it's lowest setting and had no buffeting whatsoever. Later, adjusting the screen's upper edge to sit just below my line of sight, had air flowing smoothly over the upper 1/3 of my full-face Shoei.
I found this to be the best position for me; I could hear the radio perfectly and the wind noise was minimal. Cruising behind a pickup truck proved easier, since the turbulence was smothed out considerably.
I did try the screen in the full up position but the increased frontal area seems to have a harder time punching a clean hole through the air; at a minimum, the screen vibrates more than I like. (could be the larger 'leverage' exerted on it by the airflow)

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase and recommend my size screen to those riders close to my height.

1981 Honda CBX
It's not the kill; it's the thrill of the chase.
hirschhs
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the pics Rick, nice looking screen. Mine's a tad shorter than yours but has the same effect. Just wish I could get the electrics on it sorted once and for all.. Sad

1994 Yamaha 600 Diversion 'Hers'
2006 Kawasaki Z750s 'Hers'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: