K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Riding in Brazil.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool pics - thank for posting.

I've been to Peru/Bolivia and love it there.

Never considered doing it before but once I get moved/settled over the winter, I am starting to consider getting a dual sport and heading south....

We should hook up for a beer in Cusco....
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying Duck wrote:
Cool pics - thank for posting.

I've been to Peru/Bolivia and love it there.

Never considered doing it before but once I get moved/settled over the winter, I am starting to consider getting a dual sport and heading south....

We should hook up for a beer in Cusco....

Would be great, FD! Anytime!
Will be nice to nave a Cusquenha beer with you!
Gui
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 10.
We started the day early in the morning with a great brekfest and planned a visit to the Uros, a ancient tribe that lived on floating islands in the Titicaca lake for certuries.

Titicaca Lake in the morning.
Titicaca (in the hispanicized spelling) or Titiqaqa (Quechua) is a large, deep lake in the Andes on the border of Peru and Bolivia. By volume of water, it is the largest lake in South America. Lake Maracaibo has a larger surface area, though some consider it to be a large brackish bay due to its direct connection with the sea.

It is often called the highest navigable lake in the world, with a surface elevation of 3,812 metres (12,507 ft). Although this refers to navigation by large boats, it is generally considered to mean commercial craft. For many years the largest vessel afloat on the lake was the 2,200-ton, 79-metre (259 ft) SS Ollanta. Today the largest vessel is probably the similarly sized, but broader, train barge/float Manco Capac, operated by PeruRail (berthed, as of 17 June 2013, at 15°50′11″S 70°00′53″W, across the pier from the Ollanta). At least two dozen bodies of water around the world are at higher elevations, but all are much smaller and shallower.

Puno in the backgroung.

Lhamas and Alpacas in the Libertador Hotel yard.

The small boat.

Sailing in the channels.

The Reed Floating Islands.
The Uros descend from a millennial town that, according to legends, are "pukinas" who speak Uro or Pukina and that believe they are the owners of the lake and water. Uros used to say that they have black blood because they did not feel the cold. Also they call themselves "Lupihaques" (Sons of The Sun). Nowadays, Uros do not speak the Uro language, nor practice their old beliefs but keep some old customs.

The purpose of the island settlements was originally defensive, and if a threat arose they could be moved. The largest island retains a watchtower almost entirely constructed of reeds.
The Uros traded with the Aymara tribe on the mainland, intermarrying with them and eventually abandoning the Uro language for that of the Aymara. About 500 years ago they lost their original language. When conquered by the Inca empire, they had to pay taxes to them, and often were made slaves.

A typical house, made of totoras, a kind of reed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uru_people

Me and a local "black blood" lady. The blood has so much hemoglobin to carry the poor oxygen in the air that the color is almost black!

Totora boats.

Me, Luciano and Carlos, with local cloathes.

Artesanal products.

Adriana loved the colors!

After the visit, Adriana ready for Cusco.

Leaving Puno.

In Urubamba River Valley, near Cusco. Beautiful Mountains!

Lomo Salteado.

Aji de gallina.
Tomoror: A van trip to Ollantaitambo, and them by train to Aguas Calientes, portal of Machu Picchu!
Gui
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Pictures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: