K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK + RoI Riders - Show Yourselves ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisk1100rs
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: CALNE BIKE DAY 24 JULY Reply with quote

any UK rider going this is a good event the town of Calne Wiltshire is open to Bikes all day. Gets interesting as it is on the A4 and they do not close the road.

Chris K1100RS
BMGraeme
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: CALNE BIKE DAY 24 JULY Reply with quote

chrisk1100rs wrote:
any UK rider going this is a good event the town of Calne Wiltshire is open to Bikes all day. Gets interesting as it is on the A4 and they do not close the road.

Chris K1100RS

I'm probably going Chris - on the GS though so I can ride up the kerbs.

BTW - did you know there's a bike meet on wednesday evenings at the Oliver Cromwell? I can usually be found there on the K11 or GS. I'm the only one with either bike so pop in and say hi if you're passing.
Neiljohn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil

South 'ampshir'

K1100LTIC, first bike in ~20 years, ex-police as were most of my R's in the past.

Do most of my own spannering, just finished doing a gearbox swap as the original locked up at speed, the drive shaft needs replacing so STILL off the road.

Occasional visitor to Bahnstormer, usually for small bits and free coffee, prefer Loomies and normal bikers to most rich BMW owners with a chip on their shoulders though!

'95 K1100LTIC (ex-police) my first road bike after 20 years without a road bike! Now backed up by an F650GS (800 twin) and a Deauville. The '52 G80C isn't a road bike so doesn't count...
Melly Senior
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys
thought i'd do a proper intro; well what can i say.....

50th year this one; had my midlife crisis at 40 but fancy another one at 50 Very Happy Rode various bikes from my first at 16 (Honda SS50) to my latest a K11RS which i've just purchased in last couple of weeks. Also have a couple of MZ's

Left my job in January (fed up with six monthly job at risk proceedures) and found it a bit more difficult to get back into work than thought it was going to be - good biking year though Very Happy

Need to get a job soon though Crying or Very sad

love the brick and gradually getting it to my liking - mostly spit and polish but with a few changes/additions (as an ex 1200 GSA owner love the little farkles in life - what do you expect Wink )

Living near to Chorley, Lancashire but from Cumbria so will eventually go back up; mostly ride into Yorkshire and Cumbria.

Not that mechanically minded but happy to have a go once shown how to.

Have also got back into camping so here's a pic of me the tent and previous bike...

Here's a pic of my new brick part way through cleaning and sorting...

Keep safe and hopefully meet up with one or two of you sometime!!

Four wheels move the body however two wheels move the soul......
frjack
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, replied to something I replied to months ago... and I'm not even drinking, tonight... Confused
DLBass
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Hello from Desborough Reply with quote

Hi All

I'm based in Desborough (between Kettering and Market Harborough) and have just clocked up 53 years on the planet.

Ex despatch rider, it's still in the blood when I encounter traffic Very Happy

Two bikes at present, a new to me K1100RS of 1993 vintage Mystic Red 30,000 miles and very tidy, plus a close to mint R90S in the best colour (Daytona Orange) IMHO

I would post some pics, but can't work out how to. Do I really need to host them on the web first?

I've had a day and a half of IT today, so maybe in a couple of days when my brain has cooled down a little.

Stay shiny side up.

David (Balcon if you want to search me on FaceBook, not the one on an R1)
wotan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: There is no hiding place Reply with quote

Hi all,

Small world innit ? Chopper Harris and MadStu are on another forum that got me started on BMs.

I live in Stanwick in East Northants. Having blundered about with remote help I can now do routine work on the K75C and would appreciate anyone local who could provide guidance on the few electrical jobs to be done on the very clean K1100LT I have just bought.

www.ethelthebeemer.blogspot.com
chips5646

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm Dave 54, from Haddington,East Lothian...,bout 20 miles south of Edinburgh,just off the A1.

Pretending to be a biker since passing my test at 17, and had too many Bikes to mention (ask the wife!) mostly "Jap-'.ap".....past 6 years I've been in a club that Owns retired american cop cars and bikes.....and thats how I got the nickname "CHiPs" as I'd owned 3 Kawasaki KZ1000's (Police 1000) in the time I was with them.

Health(and money!)problems forced me to sell them, as I needed a heart bypass Crying or Very sad .....
Feeling 100% now.....so the old bike bug came back to bite me again, and as I'd never owned a BMW before (mainly because of my short arse!!) i felt i needed to see what all the fuss was about Wink

As i didnt have a lot of cash to play with so when the k1100rs came up i jumped at it Cool ...
I REALLY wanted a 1100RT, as my first try at BMW, but just couldnt get one at the price i could afford.......so K1100rs it was.

never know,i might do a swap if the right deal came along??....we'll see.......I might get used to the K if I have it long enough Laughing

......BUT going by my previous track-record...........i dont keep my bikes for long..........i guess I havnt "met" the bike for me yet??
laverda
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chips5646 wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm Dave 54, from Haddington,East Lothian...,bout 20 miles south of Edinburgh,just off the A1.
I REALLY wanted a 1100RT, as my first try at BMW, but just couldnt get one at the price i could afford.......so K1100rs it was.
Hello Dave, I'm in West Lothian, & I ride a 1993 K1100LT, If you wanna try it for size anytime then have a blast over, you're only about 40 miles away.
My friend has a K1100RS, which he recently asked me if I wanted to buy as he's emigrating but I'm happy with the LT.

& tbh I'd say Haddington was east of Edinburgh not south !? Rolling Eyes
chips5646

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laverda wrote:
chips5646 wrote:
Hi guys,
Hello Dave, I'm in West Lothian, & I ride a 1993 K1100LT, If you wanna try it for size anytime then have a blast over, you're only about 40 miles away.
My friend has a K1100RS, which he recently asked me if I wanted to buy as he's emigrating but I'm happy with the LT.

& tbh I'd say Haddington was east of Edinburgh not south !? Rolling Eyes

Hi Mate!....mabye take a trip though sometime......if this @ite weather clears up that is !!
Oh i guess geography aint my strong point..........sorry about that Rolling Eyes ...would i have been better saying "heading south on the A1?" Laughing
monty8563
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: uk riders Reply with quote

Well, have only just logged onto this site a few days ago,so im new to this have been riding bike for over 25 years from a ap50, cb200, gt750, cx500 and now a K1100rs had it just one week, live in Redruth Cornwall would like to meet up with member ect, try and do as much spanning as i can, but not all. Brian
mr nozzle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this thread. Nozzle, living in Hayling Island, Hampshire. 97 K1100LTSE purchased a few months ago with only 23k on the clock. Now showing 28k. I should really attempt a service quite soon, it'll have to be on the driveway though. Cool
k11pfc
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Phil from Portsmouth here, only just aquired my 'Big red', though have had many years experience with BM's the list includes 2 K100rs's, 2 K1200rs's, 2 F650's, 2 R1200gs's and a K1200s. Now life dictates I go 'back' to a flying brick, boy did I forget how much I enjoyed riding them...I'm gonna enjoy this me thinks!!!

Melly Senior
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil; they do seem to get a grip of you these bikes, gradually getting mine fine tuned to me!!

very nice in red though Very Happy

k11pfc
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr nozzle wrote:
I missed this thread. Nozzle, living in Hayling Island, Hampshire. 97 K1100LTSE purchased a few months ago with only 23k on the clock. Now showing 28k. I should really attempt a service quite soon, it'll have to be on the driveway though. Cool

I am in Cosham, you are welcome to use my well lit double garage.
2 k100rs's
2 K1200rs's
2 F650's
2 R1200gs's
1 K1200s's

Play up Pompey
mr nozzle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's jolly decent of you Sir, many thanks. I'll get back to you on that. Cool
gladstone
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottlesford near Pewsey in Wiltshire. Regularly out and about in the Vale of Pewsey on my red LT, and also riding up to London occasionally to work.

Attempt most things on the bike, but a bit wary about the rear main seal I'll need to do shortly. Given up on trying to find a good independent K mechanic so do most things myself, or use my excellent local two-man bike workshop.

Happy to meet up and ride out with anyone in the area, or assist in any mechanical work.

Cheers
1990 K100RS 16V - gone
BMGraeme
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gladstone wrote:
Bottlesford near Pewsey in Wiltshire. Regularly out and about in the Vale of Pewsey on my red LT, and also riding up to London occasionally to work.

Attempt most things on the bike, but a bit wary about the rear main seal I'll need to do shortly. Given up on trying to find a good independent K mechanic so do most things myself, or use my excellent local two-man bike workshop.

Happy to meet up and ride out with anyone in the area, or assist in any mechanical work.

Cheers

Let me know when you are doing the rear main seal - I will come and gawp, but will bring cake Very Happy
Karlos11
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melly Senior wrote:
(...)

(...)

Love it in blue! Smile

Melly, may I ask where did you buy your Aeroflow screen? Is it standard size? And are those the original 3M velcro stickers, in black?

Thanks!
Melly Senior
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karlos

This one is a standard and is perfect for me at 5'9" - it has made a huge difference to my comfort along with modifying seat and handlebars. The velco stickers are standard white/clear but i've taken a tip from one of american friends and cut out circles in black reflective to cover from outside.

I got it from the only UK supplier although just been on his web and no longer listed! Chap that owns the business is caled Sam and very helpful. www.chainspeed.co.uk

The main distibutor in Europe is as below so with the Euro it may be better to contact them!!

Good luck and enjoy the ride Very Happy

Exclusive Stocking Distributor for Europe
MOTO LUXE par Toutec Distribution
Espace Tena, 88 Avenue des Pyrénées
33140 Villenave d'Ornon
France

Tel: 0820 88 70 72
www.motoluxe.eu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Meetings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: