K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Searching Forums Reply with quote

It seems like it is not possible to search the forums by choosing "Search topic title only". I have found this function to be very helpfull and quick on other web forums I search. Doing a search and ending up with a list of every instance of the searched word(s) usually brings up alot of matches. Could this search feature be added easily, or would it take a whole forum upgrade.
Thanks for the great site,
Matt
Jim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Forum search Reply with quote

hi Matt,

we're using phpBB for this forum - it's freeware. There is a totally new version out, and also an upgrade to the one we're currently using. I don't know what features the new version has. When I get time, I'll look at the website and see if I can figure anything out. In the meantime, if you're a technical wizard (I'm not), you could look at the website (link at the bottom of every page) and see if the totally new version includes a topic title search. Additionally, if that feature isn't there, and the php community thinks it would be useful and that's a feature they want, you could probably write the program for it - that is, if you're capable of doing that. Ted is pretty good about staying on top of the upgrades (when I remind him). 'Laughing'

I don't know what it would take to migrate the board to the totally new version - Ted could tell you that.

The only drawback I see to a topic search is that people may respond without entering a topic, or the thread might drift with no change in the topic.

Sorry I can't be of more help, or give you better news.

If you get stuck on something, and can't find it using the search button, feel free to ask, someone will probably remember where they might have seen a post on a certain issue and point you to it.
1992 K75RTP 46,000
1992 R100R 24,000 - FOR SALE

"We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed."
owrstrich
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is total booch1t...

all the money we throw at this place... for what...

nothing... thats what... and ted just keeps counting our money instead of reinvesting in the modernization of the k11og...

booch1t im telling you... booch1t...

they call me johnny owrstrich and i disapprove of this post...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: