K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DAYUM! 279hp K1200RS for sale!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: DAYUM! 279hp K1200RS for sale! Reply with quote

A buddy of mine emailed this to me

RB Racing (long time BMW bike tuner) createed the ultimate Turbo Bike. I started with my favorite bike of all time. The bike has 279 HP at 15 psi. The engine had to be balance and blueprinted to absorb this power as well as replace the stock pitsons with forged pistons.
No Emails. Call Bruce at 702-265-1735
http://picasaweb.google.com/nvla72/BLMotorcycle for more photos

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/535769590.html
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
k1100rsr
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7500 us$!!
That is the same as an smoking old 86 K100RS costs in Norway.. Evil or Very Mad
An 98 K1200RS is priced to about 17 000 $...
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I call a sleeper.
Steverino
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a taxi just like that for a while. Man would I like to have that thing parked in my garage for days when the wretched excess of the Super Enduro or k1200R was not enough to make life exciting.
RJTrucker
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Turbo K bike Reply with quote

I just got a 1985 K100RS turbo. THe turbo is off the bike but it was originally built by RB Racing. I tried to talk to them to get another Fuel injector controler and you would think I was asking to do his best girl or somthing. I have all the parts for the bike except the AIC (Additional Injector Controler) I had talked to Matt Capri (Mr Luftmiester). He directed me to RB who was the designer of the turbo system used back then. When I talked to RB he had no interest in helping me and said he had been screwed by all the BMW people and will never let another BMW in his shop. I dont know if he was just having a bad day/week/year or is he always that helpful. If anyone has any paper work from back then about the K100 Turbos I would love to have a photo copy of it. Also any detailed pics of the turbo on a K bike would be helpful.
Thanks
RJ
1985 K100RS Luftmiester Turbo Work in progress (any help is appreciated)
1974 R90/6
michaelcurrin
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked with the RB guy a couple years ago and got the idea that BMW riders were not his favorite people. He seems to mainly be going after the HD riders. Said the BMW people whine about what the turbo would do to their warranty, while the HD guys say, "Here's my Visa card, make it go fast."

Cain't blame him, got to go where the money is, probably not that much market for BMW turbo's Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I'd love to have one on the sidecar rig, but that probably will never happen, so if the need for speed gets to much I'll have to go the zx-14 route

http://www.hannigantrikes.com/content/hpsidecars.html
06 Ducati ST3
67 Triumph 650 chopper
ken
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a buddy with about a 1985 ish???? Kawasaki Classic. Came fuel injected, and a chrome tank............that bike didn't handle for crap....but..........there is something about 100mph wheelies that makes my pants tight.
k1100rsr
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo K bike Reply with quote

RJTrucker wrote:
I just got a 1985 K100RS turbo. THe turbo is off the bike but it was originally built by RB Racing. I tried to talk to them to get another Fuel injector controler and you would think I was asking to do his best girl or somthing. I have all the parts for the bike except the AIC (Additional Injector Controler) I had talked to Matt Capri (Mr Luftmiester). He directed me to RB who was the designer of the turbo system used back then. When I talked to RB he had no interest in helping me and said he had been screwed by all the BMW people and will never let another BMW in his shop. I dont know if he was just having a bad day/week/year or is he always that helpful. If anyone has any paper work from back then about the K100 Turbos I would love to have a photo copy of it. Also any detailed pics of the turbo on a K bike would be helpful.
Thanks
RJ

I bought a AIC400 from RB racing 7 years ago. I had it on my bike for one week, and it broke down. Sendt it back to RB for repair/exchange, but newer got anything back,just some unpleasent e-mails.
So I looked around and found this : http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/mf2/mf2.html along with a MAP sensor.

It must be tuned in by you, but if you got a good air-fuel meter and you know what you are doing,it can be done.
ken
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Uh.........that he turbo charged. Reply with quote

ken wrote:
I had a buddy with about a 1985 ish???? Kawasaki Classic. Came fuel injected, and a chrome tank............that bike didn't handle for crap....but..........there is something about 100mph wheelies that makes my pants tight.

That he turbo charged..........allowing it to do 100mph wheelies......cheez.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: