K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sight glass replace

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Sight glass replace Reply with quote

OK folks- this is not for my K bike. My recently acquired oil head Boxer Cup has some oil weeping around the sight glass.

While I have read that K bikes can exist with weepy glass for some time, two 550cc pistons put out more crankcase pressure than four 250/275cc pistons. And considering the present worldwide situation, a rapid glass blow out, the oiled rear tire and possible crash is not something that I want now.

I searched the tech archives and found one thread from OTG (the big guy) that pretty much addressed this removal and install. 2008!

https://k11og.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5439&highlight=sight+glassside

note: one of the more descriptive posts was from Phil Marvin. Newer members might have seen his posts but he is no longer with us.

So does anyone have more input on the removal and replacement? The replacement just arrived from BeemerBoneyard.

Thanks

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: