K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with throttle position sensor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject: Help with throttle position sensor Reply with quote

I replaced mine with a used one ebayed a whole throttle body set with the sensor. The original one had like a dead spot in it while riding, around 2200 rpm. I installed the new one set it with a multimeter to .374 volts. The results are smooth operation through the throttle when riding . Here is the but, I now have a fault code the tps. Where I didn't have one with the original sensor. That I could not set by a multi meter, due to the voltage reading jumping all around.

Thank you for any advice given. Eric R.
2000 kaw super Sherpa.
Scott_Anderson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to clear out the fault code to see if it re-occurs.

1995 K1100LT 0302044
1997 R1100RT ZC62149
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1997 K1100LT 0302488(R.I.P.)
EricR

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's the thing, I can't get the 4444 code. I adjusted the tps again to the temp light on the gauge cluster. In order to get the light on at closed throttle the voltage is .366. not much of a difference to me, but maybe the motronic feels otherwise?
I can watch the voltage climb steady and smoothly as I slowly open throttle. The bike rides well also, without any surging or dead spot.

I think I will swap the original back in, just to see what happens with the code.

Thanks again, Eric R.
2000 kaw super Sherpa.
KlausMP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had same problem - was constantly getting the error code 1215 after I had re-adjusted TPS sensor.
What I had forgotten from Frank Warners' good description via the 'I had high fuel consumption' was that you need to rotate the throttle slowly after applying power to the Motronic unit again.

1) I checked that I had a 0.374V on the TPS unit between pin 1 and 4
2) I checked via the Motronic diagnose that the TPS was behaving as expected (turning OFF the temperature warning when throttle is moved slightly away from idle position)
3) Then removed the connector to the Motronic unit for 1 hour to ensure is was completely reset
4) Re-connecting the connector, and turned ON the power
5) THEN SLOWLY ROTATED THE THROTTLE OVER IT FULL AREA a couple of times
6) Turned OFF the power again.

I then re-tested the Motronic, and now all error codes was gone - including the 1215 I previously constantly was seeing.

Hoping that this also will lower my fuelconsumption that increased after I messed with the TPS unit trying to lower my idle speed (1100 RPM) ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: