K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

93 K1100 RS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hosehoundfr86
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: 93 K1100 RS Reply with quote

Hi fellas: Its been a while since I was on here , I hope you all are doing well,,,,

Bike has been working pretty good,, But this year on start up the ABS lights started flashing. I don't think the problem is worth chasing as the brakes work fine.

My question is ,,, should I remove the Abs Hardware ? or just leave it ,, I have yet to pull the dash and disconnect the sensor lights . Thanks,,,

Hilton
Mike d
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brakes will work fine, but you have no ABS. It may be a simple fault to cure, so why not try to get the fault code and if it's serious then consider removing it.

Mike
Jim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilton - how old is the battery?

The battery can have enough juice to start the bike, but not enough for the ABS. Get the battery checked.
1992 K75RTP 46,000
1992 R100R 24,000 - FOR SALE

"We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed."
hosehoundfr86
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS FELLAS: I will do some checking ,, Never thought about the Battery,, It wend dead,wouldn't start the bike , most likely the issue ,,, I will let you know,,,
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hilton,

My previous '93 K1100RS did the same thing and even when I fully recharged the battery I still got the ABS light show.

I then tried the reset procedure many times with no luck.

Then I resorted to electrical tape over the blinking lights. A few weeks later I happened to look at the gauges at an angle to see that the bike had fixed itself and it had reset. No more blinking lights.

Apparently multiple restarts might be responsible?

I would be very hesitant to remove the ABS system when it might just be a typical minor K bike electrical gremlin.

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
hosehoundfr86
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,, I will try the Battery first,,,,

SugarHillCTD wrote:
Hey Hilton,

My previous '93 K1100RS did the same thing and even when I fully recharged the battery I still got the ABS light show.

Then I resorted to electrical tape over the blinking lights. A few weeks later I happened to look at the gauges at an angle to see that the bike had fixed itself and it had reset. No more blinking lights.

I would be very hesitant to remove the ABS system when it might just be a typical minor K bike electrical gremlin.

hosehoundfr86
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hosehoundfr86 wrote:
Thanks,, I will try the Battery first,,,,

SugarHillCTD wrote:
Hey Hilton,

Thanks ::::I guess the battery didn't fix the ABS,, It needs a master cylinder kit ,, that's next,, until then I'll try the black tape solution,, hopefully the computer will reset it's self

Last edited by hosehoundfr86 on Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
hosehoundfr86
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of fun getting a good battery,,, I was busy for a couple of weeks so I waited to order one. Then it takes a week to get one in because I waited until too late in the week to order it. Not such a big deal,, so when I get one ,, an INTERSTATE BATTERY,, no less,, one of the filler plugs was stripped,,, so I order another.. Finally get it this week on Thursday, charged on Friday and in the bike this morning( Sat),, I was just a bit anxious to get it started and rolled it over ,,, no start,,, ,,,, I noticed the side stand was still out ,, no big deal,, kicked it in and rolled it over again,,,, no start,,,, hum,,,, a little tweak on the side ,, rolled it over again and it started right up,,,

It never ceases to amaze me how much better this thing works with the computer module plugged in,,, lol,,,,,

Now for serious business,,, the left side cover wants to come off the front post at about 100mph or so,, what kind of tubing is thick enough to go over the plug and still allow the cover to clip on,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: