K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS - '93 K1100LT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weatherman2112
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: FS - '93 K1100LT Reply with quote

It is with some sadness that I have decided to sell my Brick. I am about to undergo some significant shoulder surgery and will be unable to ride for several months. I am hoping by next spring I will be able to ride a bike again and get back on the golf course too! For now, I could use the money and I'll be glad to know it won't just be sitting in the garage for months.

Mechanically, the bike is in wonderful shape with one exception...the ABS does not function. It never has since I have owned it but it's never been an issue for me. Both master cylinders have been rebuilt along with new brake lines. Also, the entire cooling system has been drained and flushed and a new cooler thermostat has been installed. All work was done by a qualified BMW mechanic here in Charlotte, NC....a great guy that works on nothing but classic European and Japanese bikes. Quality work. He has it running better than ever. He just rode it the other day and can't believe I'm selling it because "it runs so perfect".

Cosmetically, it's very good but not perfect. I dropped it at a stand still on it's right side. It was a pretty gentle drop but the mirror got scratched and has a small crack but functions fine. Nobody notices it. The right side pannier also got a few scratches but no real damage. Unrelated to the drop, the trunk has a few paint chips. Not sure what from. It's 23 years old. Also, I removed the radio for added storage but still have it if you want it.

Other than the things mentioned, the bike is in great shape, it runs and shifts perfectly and all toys function as they should. I have some extra oil filters and crush washers you can have for future oil changes as well as an extra new clutch cable.

Currently, it has around 52k on the odometer. Tires have at least half life left on them. It's ready to go! I'm asking $3,300.00. It's negotiable. Please pm me if you are interested in seeing some more pics.

Thanks for looking

[/img]
Dave6172
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Winston Salem, NC and am looking for some one reliable to replace the clutch in my 97 K11LT. Would you be willing to share the contact info for your mechanic with me?
Weatherman2112
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave6172 wrote:
I live in Winston Salem, NC and am looking for some one reliable to replace the clutch in my 97 K11LT. Would you be willing to share the contact info for your mechanic with me?

Sure!

http://2topiacycles.com/
Dave6172
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: