K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scala Rider QZ Bluetooth helmet system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N41EF
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Scala Rider QZ Bluetooth helmet system Reply with quote

So, I broke down and made a trip to the local multi brand dealer for a new helmet, and while there talked witht he helmet guru about a bluetooth system. Since I don't ride with a group, or actually since I ride alone he recommended Scala Rider QZ, which they stock. Got a package deal, the Scala was about $125 which is about what the current price on eBay was.

So this unit has a detachable unit that snaps onto a helmet mount. Comes with two different sets, one attaches to the lip of the helmet or can be attached with sticky tape.

It comes with a wall charger (USB) that is the same as most Samsung phones. Takes about three hours to charge completely. Suppossed to have 10 hours talk time, and a week of standby.

It pairs with two different bluetooth devices giving them two priorities. GPS gets one, phone gets the second, so the GPS will speak and over ride the phone or music.

Took about a half hour to install, came with four mounts and two spacers for deep speaker plus a boom mike. I just unsnapped all of the pads in the new helmet, and ran the wires, mounted the speakers, then ran the wires and snaped the padding back in.

Music playback was good, podcast, and a little Jimmy Buffett road tunes went well. Phone calls were OK, not great.

Controls are simple, volume up and down, power on/pff, and a play button to accept incoming calls or pause and restart music.

I know some of you Iron Hinnie people prob have something way cooler, but for the price I'm really impressed.
Corkboy
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Scala Q1 teamset (rider and passenger). It's the same unit pretty much, and I concur. Absolutely great piece of kit, both for solo use and rider to passenger. Its the cheaper unit than the Q3, but the only difference is the range.

I had paired with a mate who has a Q3, and my Q1 still connects to him to about 200 ft. It drops the connection, but picks it up automatically when we come back into range.

So I'd recommend the Scala units as well.
'08 Transalp 700 (Gone)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: