K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drikko ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ernie-NH
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Drikko ??? Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad

Good morning all….

Just wondering if any of our members and friends "down under", perhaps in the LaVerda group has seen or heard anything from our friend Drikko ?? His last submission ( I think ) to the Dungeon or anywhere on this forum was almost a year ago… I for one miss him and his GREAT sense of humor.. I'm sure hoping he has not come off the bike, or suffered something we'd not like..Rather, I hope he's basking in the sun, blowing the froth off a cold one or two, or slicing the waves in that big bad sail boat of his ! Im sure I'm not the only K11 jerk that misses him here !

Best to all…. Ride safe…..// Ernie in NH
'95 K1100LT
'76 R100/7
pegasus
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Drikko Reply with quote

Last I heard from Derek was that he was restoring an old bevel drive Ducati 900SS. I think that he sold his K1100RS.
You should try with putting up with his sense of humor in person. And he snores like a chainsaw (I camped next to him at the Barry Sheene Festival of Speed at Eastern Creek raceway a few years ago).

Andrew
Brisbane, Queensland.
Niemand
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I've seen relatively recent posts by him on ADV, so I'm guessing he's probably as well as ever.

1994 K1100RS
2023 DR650SE
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he's a wordy bastard.

I kinda miss him.
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and his "lump hammer" for fine tuning Laughing

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
David_S_Walker
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

For those of you worrying about him he is still alive and posting on a Laverda Forum - www.laverdaforum.com.

Best regards,

David

Last edited by David_S_Walker on Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ernie-NH
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hi Guys,,,,

THANKS for the 'intel'… Glad to know he's OK and NOT something else ! One day he may decide to grace us again with his humor, his unique perspectives, AND his lump hammer !

Ride safe all,,,,,,,// Ernie in NH
'95 K1100LT
'76 R100/7
drikko
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gedday fuckers, long time no see Smile

Yep, I've been hiding in Laverdaland for a few years, so apologies for that! It's taken me 2 years to get the RGS into shape and it's mighty addictive to say the least, especially that intoxicating triple sound that Triumph would die for but has never managed to achieve. Dragged the K out and dusted it off, replaced the battery and it fired up about 2nd turn I'd say, not bad for a few years of bugger all use.

I thought the RGS would be an uncivilised ride compared to the K so here's a comparison:-

1. The sound, oh the sound, sorry Lav wins hands down....no contest, end of that discussion

2. Brakes, K11 by miles, but hey they just slow you down. The K's brakes are better than anything I've ridden and I've ridden some very modern bikes lately. The Lav brakes are like throwing an anchor out and letting go of the rope...

3. Handling, tricky one this they are very different, straight line the K11 is way more steady, the Lav you can crank it down to the pegs at 160kph and hit a bump and it doesn't even squirm, considering the tiny tyres on it compared to the K this says something about how good the frame and suspension is now, although I had to get the Racetech goldvalves to make it work. Might look at doing that to the K. They make an unbelievable difference to old bikes.

4. Engine, K11 is quite a bit more powerfull and responsive, argy has carbs and we took over a year to get them running right. You can feel what argy is doing all the time, the feedback is sensational. The smoothness of the K is awesome as well but for different reasons ie comfort. The K just goes like a rocket when you need it or cruises and that engine braking, not sure why they bothered with a rear brake! The Lav you have to shovel coal in and shake it around a bit and then it rewards you with a wonderful bellow of thanks.

5. Comfort, now this will surprise you, i've done 3 trips to Sydney and back and 1 to Philip Island (Melbourne) and back on argy. The PI trip nearly 4,500kms in total each. Sorry to say this the Lav is more comfortable. Harder seat but that seems to suit my softer seat if you know what I mean. Better protection from the screen as well.

6. Maintenance, well K11 handsdown in that department but I don't mind a bit of spanner twirling. Argy gets an oil change every 1500 miles, but that's pretty much all it needs on a regular basis. It's never let me down (touchwood!). The only thing less comfortable is the vibes but even they aren't too bad.

So both bikes are incredible machines for different reasons, so much so they're keepers!

Anyway, great to be back and I'll hang around a bit more Smile

DISCLAIMER:- Anything I say may have been when I was drunk so please don't take it personally.

'Bigamy is having one wife/husband too many. Monogamy is the same.'
Oscar Wilde
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Drikko,

Good to hear from you. I like the Laverda/ K-bike comparison.

I have always felt that the SFC was one of the most beautiful bikes ever built.

Even if it only was a twin.

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: