K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RAM progressive fork springs / shox.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: RAM progressive fork springs / shox. Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I've been a little off the radar for the past 7 months or so with health issues. Pretty well sorted now.

In the meantime the Progressive fork springs have been road tested and signed off. You may recall these had been designed to work specifically with the RAM rear shocker.

Apologies to those of you who needed urgent replacements last year - I just wasn't able to focus on the various projects.

However - the springs are now ready to go into production. I'm away on a short break to Saxony to fully recharge the batteries - back April 1st.

That will coincide with the first production rum of K100 and K1100 springs. Material is top grade Swedish Oteva Chrome Silicone, and the springs will be finished with a special colour we have had developed and also upgraded by 10%.

These springs make a radical improvement when allied to the RAM rear shocker.

I've had several contacts now for additional shox - one guy wants another two sets - he's that pleased with the first set !!

We're holding the price increase for the shox until May 1st. so folk can take advantage of last years' prices. Fork Springs are £69.50 per set, which includes new fork seals.

Maybe another group buy to lower transport costs?

I'll see what response is when I get back in a few weeks - that said, we have reasonable costings now for individual consignments.
kirkkw
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: springs Reply with quote

Is there another post providing more info on the springs?

If not, lets have a detailed post. I have the shock - maybe the only yellow one sent to the US.

Ken
jpberens1994K1100RS
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: New springs Reply with quote

Ok that's $111.65 With, please repeat WITH new seals?

What kind of seals? Harp? Leopard?

I just re-did the entire front on my bike last year, BUT, if there is a group buy that gets the per until shipping down to say $15.00, I'll just have to buy a set for back up. Especially if it's with NEW seals!
Heck, those are expsnsive enough as it is.
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim / Ken,

Hope those RAM shockers are doing the job for you! We've had some frankly embarrassingly good feedback from folk, that would seem as if we'd written the copy ourselves !!!! Laughing

OK springs - yes were hoping for an upcoming group buy to lower the overall costs unfortunately our club guy that was going to organise that has had to drop out Crying or Very sad . We're talking to a couple of potential agents in the US - BUT we want to retain the discount for you good ole guys at K11OG.

Jim / Ken and previous Ram shock buyers pm me - we'll sort something out if a group buy fails. That said we have at least 3 guys who want shox and one guy who already has a RAM and wants another TWO sets! I know there was multiple interest in the springs before I dropped off the radar for a while - so maybe a group buy is on the cards. Whatever - you know I'll twist AC's arm to look after you guys.

Jim - the fork seals are individually packed [pairs ] PREMIUM quality, but we're keeping the manufcaturer under our hat at the moment until the deal is signed and delivered - we have to buy 500 sets !! Rolling Eyes
kirkkw
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.
Am definitely interested in springs. Like jpberens1994K1100RS I replaced my seals last summer.

Ken
Moondog
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am definitely interested in springs. I replaced my seals last month.
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please excuse delay in responding. When I got back from my recent break I found my PC had been hacked and apart from a nasty virus my e-mail account was also blocked.

I'm flagging up the situation on the forum so folk don't think I'm being lazy or ignorant!

Good news is that the first production run of 200 springs has been made and product is being delivered to those who pre-ordered.

I HOPE to have my graffix reinstalled on my PC this week and when I do I'll post pix of the new springs. Why so ??? A spring's a spring-right? Wait 'til you SEE these beauties. Pity you won't be able to see them when they're installed !

Time to get serious again as I've had literally dozens of enquiries about the springs and group buys springs / shox.

A group buy is still the best option for you guys to reduce the shipping costs, but we have been sending stock out individually.
kirkkw
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the US distributor or group buyer? I want to play with springs. Laughing
Ken
Moondog
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard he was trying to find a US distributor and that was a few weeks ago. Don't know if it is going to happen or not.
Jim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he had a US distributor. I indicated an interested in being the distributor for the US, but negotiations broke down somewhere...
1992 K75RTP 46,000
1992 R100R 24,000 - FOR SALE

"We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed."
carp
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to buy springs.
Moondog
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received this on May25th.

"From: Beachcomber
To: Moondog
Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:52 am
Subject: Re: Springs for 1996 K1100RS
Hey Moondog,

I have a guy who has now TWICE said he'll "be the man" - hasn't happened yet !

I'm waiting for him / someone to dip their toe in the water and say - " I WILL do it".

The last guy that did the group buy [ Pompadour ] over on the other site did a good job and made some money along the way, but work commitments [ the day job ] meant he couldn't put the time in.

I'm sure we'll get someone soon, as it could be lucrative for all concerned.

I'll post up just as soon as we have someone ready to go. I now have at leat 12 folk who want shox / springs.

ATB
TJ

Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim and others with interest. Cool

We have had several people who have said they want to do this [ agent / distributor ] but to date nobody has come forward and said "I'm ready to go and will post my intentions up on the forum".

As with Pompadour, we're NOT asking for an investment in stock - simply get a group buy going for the benefit of all concerned and the rest will look after itself. Neither are we looking for a rigid contract, just a gentlemen's agreement in principles.

Obviously, whoever gets underway will have an open opportunity to promote and market the shox, springs and plug leads beyond the K11OG at the full retail price. Wink

There is an opportunity here for someone to make a little business [ or a big business? ] while still helping fellow bikers by bringing the carriage costs down.

I am still getting many enquiries here in the UK from overseas, and I KNOW the product is good - AND reasonable prices. Over 300 shox sold now and 250 plug lead sets and almost 100 sets of progressive fork springs.

We are now on the second order of springs - the first 200 [ 100 bikes ] sold out - well, we're actually down to 15 sets.

Over to you guys ................................................... Laughing
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhggg - I have just realised that some of you may have been mailing me at a defunct private e-mail address !!!!

I suffered a PC hack in March and I lost ALL my e-mail address contacts and coms - and as a result had to change my e-mail address.

I've only just got back to normal, so I apologise if anyone has mailed me and I haven't responded - simple reason MSN has blocked my old account !

So, if anyone has been trying to contact me over the issue of goup buys / agency / whatever, please pm me and I'll give you my new e-mail address.
Don Sproule
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Works Performance shocks and springs Reply with quote

If anyone on this (West) side of the Atlantic is interested, my buddy, Tom, works at Works Performance in California. They make a fine product. I've had their shock and springs for seven or eight years now and am more than happy with what they build. Their shocks are custom made and rebuildable at reasonable cost. They appear to be a lot fairer priced than some that I've seen.
My friend is offering a 10% discount to us forumites. Just mention my name. You'll likely get the club discount without it, but it looks better for me if I can brag about sending business his way.
By the way, I receive no kickback for this. Well- okay. I'm hoping to talk him out of a beer when I see him this summer.
Here's his email address: tom@worksperformance.com.

Don
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's happened at last !!!!

Realm Engineering have done a deal with DWMS Racing who are to be their trading partner to handle all sorts of goodies Stateside.

Primarily they are into the Cafe Racer and Custom [ as in Specials] scene and will be handling the newly developed range of RAM Classic Twinshox.

However, they will also handle all enquiries for Kay requirements - K75 / K100 / K100 16V / K1 / K1100. They'll also be handling the Goldline Progressive springs and RAM Power Leads [ plug wires ]. That means there will also now be a US based source to handle any warranty issues [ none so far in 3 years !!]

Check out www.dwmsracing.com. and go to their store link.

Tell them TJ sent you.
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea on when they will be up and running with RAM suspension? Hopefully by the middle or end of March??

I am back to considering a RAM shock for my '92 K-RS since it will be used almost exclusively for 2-up rides. That will eliminate having to change spring preload.

Thanks.

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Beachcomber
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

thanx for your continued interest in RAM products. There have been several minor upgrades in the past 12 months.

Yes the guys over at DWMS Racing are getting their webstore set up - you can view the work in progress via their website.

As soon as we have carriage costings nailed down, they will be able to finalise the US price. But essentially you will be able to order your RAM products through them. I'm still here for any tech queries.

March is not a problem as the Kay shox are on the shelf here. Selecting the right spec for your riding style is not a problem.
jpberens1994K1100RS
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: shocks & stuff Reply with quote

I can vouch for the shocks.

I've had on on my bike for 2 full years, no issues, still works great!

Going to REALLY need it in March as the roads are just beat to heck round these parts.

Would like to replace the spark plug wires. They all seem OK, no sparking in the dark, but it couldn't hurt.

I'll keep an eye on the web site.
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: shocks & stuff Reply with quote

jpberens1994K1100RS wrote:
I can vouch for the shocks.

Actually I will also.

I had bought one back on the first go 'round a few years ago. Unfortunately it became part of the deal when I (stupidly) sold my '93.

It worked very well and expect a new one to be just as good.

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: