K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaving the forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grunter
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Leaving the forum Reply with quote

I may be tempted to look back occasionally but I have just sold my K1100LTSE because it has become the the most unreliable BMW motorcycle I have ever owned. In my 4 years of ownership about one of them has been spent with the bike under repair

The problems being - in no particular order........

Complete ABS failure, ECU failure, rear brake pipe splitting (metal banjo union), front brake master cylinder failure (twice in 4 years) Thermostat failure whilst on holiday in southern Europe when it was HOT!. 2nd ECU failure, finally an undiagnosed or should that be an undiagnosable fault that would not allow the bike to run at idle speed when hot! All on a bike with less than 38,000 miles.

I have a life and it does not include spending hours and a lot of money with it being on the ramp in the workshop. I will continue to ride my almost faultless and simpler to repair K75s. (Also 12 years older.) (Possibly being joined by a 2nd K75 in the near future).

So good luck to all of you still persevering with the 'big one'. May all your faults be small and simple ones.

Regards
Grunter
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you got a lemon. That would turn me off too.

You can still post here about your K75. Many of us here have either owned one in the past or still own one. (or still have 4 like me Beemered)
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
Grunter
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Still Posting Reply with quote

I now not only have one K75, I also have a 1986 K75c to join my 1986 K75s. The current owner bought it as a project bike 4+ years ago and hasn't had time to do anything with it.

I bought it for not a lot of money so I am well pleased. Especially after not running for 4 years, after connecting a battery and letting the engine turn over a few times, it started. This was with the dregs of the fuel tank from when it was filled up last, sometime in or around 2014. It went even better with the old fuel drained and about a gallon of fresh poured in.

It is looking shabby at the moment, but will spruce up quite well, no significant rust on the frame or stands, although I am thinking of having the tank and plastic bits resprayed another contemporary 1986 colour. At present Avus black is the main contender. The current paint condition does not make the grade considering the mechanical and electrical condition it is in at present. It is that bland, no, make it quite hideous greenish grey they used on early K's

The seat is original and unmarked, Rear suspension doesn't leak nor do the front forks, so all it really needs is a good service from front to back and new tyres fitted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: