K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABS Light

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dagger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: ABS Light Reply with quote

I just replaced my battery and for some reason my ABS light is on. It doesn't reset when I use my brakes. The system was perfect before the battery change. Any suggestions?
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click this link: http://www.kbikeparts.com/classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/abs/abs.htm#reset
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
Grunter
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: New Battery Reply with quote

There is also the possibility of the new battery needing charging properly. A new battery should always be put on a charger to boost the voltage. Although the voltage may be enough to start the motor, when it comes to the ABS it has to be right up there at the top.
Dagger

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: No Go So Fo Reply with quote

Thank you to all that replied to my post. I did indeed, try the jumper from the diagnostic plug at least 20 times to no success. CRAP!!!
So I ride over to one of the semi-local BMW dealers to me here in Detroit. I told them my situation and asked if they could do a quick check of my ABS system and do a reset. I was told that the "old computer diagnosis equipment" was presently not working and that they would be glad to schedule a service appointment in two weeks, or a tech could spend an hour right now with a jumper.... I told them that I will get out the black electrical tape and cover the flashing ABS lamp. I live in Detroit proper and the closest dealer is 28 miles away. Yea, I know, all of the demographics show that the buyers of new motorbikes are not in old urban areas. Detroit metropolitan area is large enough to support more than two, that's right two BMW dealers!!! So now I will make a service appointment, rent a trailer to drop off the motorbike and wait for the bill. Or.. I could just unscrew the ABS bulb.
Thanks again to all of you guys and gals.
Dagger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: