K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sure glad I bought it!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burnetbulldog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject: Sure glad I bought it! Reply with quote

Greetings from a new member! My last K bike was an 87 K100RS I put about 70K on in the 90's. I've had 4 bikes since then, and I thought the excellent Honda NC700X would be my last bike...
BUT, I happened to notice an inexpensive K11RS on Craigslist around Christmas time, took a couple test rides, and all the good memories came flooding back. It seemed like an ignored stepchild, just needing some deferred maintenance, a few parts, minor repairs and a little fiberglass work. I've always thought the early KRS series was one of the classiest bikes ever made, and I'm delighted to ride one again.
How do I post a picture to show y'all? Does anyone have a spare right front blinker lens?
Owen from Burnet, Texas
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all- WELCOME!

Here is a thread that explains posting pictures. You have to have them on a hosting site. You cannot post pictures directly to this forum.

This explains it --->http://k11og.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5894

As far as turn signal lenses, you might want to contact beemerboneyard in the U.S, Moto-Bins in the U.K.

BobsBMW.com shows the lenses on their fiche so you might want to contact them to see if it is actually available.

Good luck!
John

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Scott_Anderson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, as John posted, pictures have to be hosted somewhere else(some can cost $, and some can be free) and then linked.
Don't be surprised as you look thru old posts(including mine) if you see/find dead picture links since photobucket discontinued linking service for free accounts. You will find a lot of these all over the internet, not just here.

As far as the front turn signal lens, I wish you luck as those are practically unobtanium anymore.
All you can do is keep your eyes open on e-bay and look for owners parting out bikes. Bike breakers are another resource to keep checking on as well.

1995 K1100LT 0302044
1997 R1100RT ZC62149
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1997 K1100LT 0302488(R.I.P.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Campfire All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: