K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great tool to remove stripped front rotor bolts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Great tool to remove stripped front rotor bolts Reply with quote

The six bolts that hold each rotor carrier to the front wheel are fairly soft metal and often the Allen head strips when you try to remove them, even if you heat them up with a torch first. I've stripped quite a few over the years.

Then getting them out becomes a challenge. Sometimes I drill them and use an EZ-Out and other times I've slotted the head with a Dremel and used a large screwdriver.

Based on a recommendation from somebody over on the K100 Forum, today I tried using a 13mm Irwin Bolt Grip - which is similar in function to an EZ-out but it's a special socket made for removing stripped bolt heads.

Tapped it onto the stripped rotor bolt head with a hammer and Voila! - the bolt came right out.

Wish I'd known about this great little tool many years ago.

Here's what one looks like:

86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: