K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

clutch slipping
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan Walker
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the vent getting plugged, these are plastic floating caps that lift up and allow either air or fluid to pass through them. If yours didn't work it is more likely from something riding over the top of it preventing it from lifting off its seat. In my neck of the woods we get a lot of mud wasps that wreak havoc on anything that vents.
76 Honda CB400F sold
strip4

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy here it is now august 2004. I had an appointment to have my bike torn down and to replace clutch and rear main seal. He was busy through xmas and I had to deal with it. I drained the oil in the tranny and refilled to proper amount using my handy dandy brass measuring tool. It leaked for a week then quit. The slipping was less and less. After about 1000 miles I noticed that it wasnt slipping. Now it has been 6 thousand miles and I can crank on hard and no slip at all. It has been my opinion that once a clutch plate has oil on it, it is all down hill from there. The previous owner.( my best friend) is now moved on to the riding grounds above..and one of two things happened here. He might have put a clutch in that doesnt mind oil..or the clutch just threw off the little bit of oil that was on it and came back. I go with the first theory..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: