K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 Million Dollar K-Bike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAL88
Flying Brick Rider

Location: New Mexico Land of Enchantment and 365 days of riding USA

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject: 6 Million Dollar K-Bike Reply with quote

So in my never ending quest to make the K run faster, quicker, stronger and less thirsty I found this.

New injectors

Don't ask me why but I was looking at what has changed over the years with our bikes and I started looking at the injectors. Well an injector as it operates is an injector. But what has changed is that instead of a single opening for the fuel to come out Bosch changed it to 4 openings. The same amount of fuel is delivered but it atomizes much better which mixes it with the oxygen better and you get a more complete and stronger combustion.

So I went on line and found this place

http://www.osidetiger.com/Pages/default.aspx

I ordered a set, installed them did a sync and took it out for a ride. This is probably the one single thing I have done to the bike to make it run smoother, have quicker acceleration and hopefully better gas mileage. I haven't had it out long enough to see if it has helped with the mpg.

I would recommend trying them. I keep my bike tuned to a gnats a$$ and this has made it even better.

You can pick them up from them directly or you can get them off e-bay I just picked up a set for the R bike.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-K1100RS-K1100LT-K1200LT-K1200RS-K1200GT-Fuel-Injectors-Upgrade-4-Hole-Spray-/201080844799?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ed15a31ff&vxp=mtr

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and make it work better"
'96' K1100LT-SE
'97' R850GS-R
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had them installed in a couple of my K1100s and two K75's for a while now. They seem to work OK and make my butt dyno happy. IMO, for the money it's a worthy mod but not a huge improvement.

If you noticed a significant improvement then it’s probably because your old injectors were dirty.

MPG: About the same as stock on all four bikes.
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, when I was looking into this a couple of years ago, I found that a similar FI upgrade is popular among the Jeep crowd.

Despite claims of more horsepower, better MPG, etc... I was never able to find an example where anybody had actually run a dyno comparison so, despite all the wondrous claims in the Fleabay listing, we can't really be sure until we see some real data.
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
RAL88
Flying Brick Rider

Location: New Mexico Land of Enchantment and 365 days of riding USA

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying Duck wrote:
I've had them installed in a couple of my K1100s and two K75's for a while now. They seem to work OK and make my butt dyno happy. IMO, for the money it's a worthy mod but not a huge improvement.

If you noticed a significant improvement then it’s probably because your old injectors were dirty.

MPG: About the same as stock on all four bikes.

I've always run Techron through my bike and the bike has always run great but I agree with you. I am only going by my butt dyno also but if my butt's happy I'm happy.
I haven't had a chance to take it for a long ride so I can't say on mileage but that is my next thing to do.

"If it ain't broke, take it apart and make it work better"
'96' K1100LT-SE
'97' R850GS-R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: