K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to install real cruise control (vac or elec) on a K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech Resources & Stickies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: How to install real cruise control (vac or elec) on a K Reply with quote

Here's the newer and improveder V4.0 of my write-up for Audiovox CCS-100 installation on any classic K bike. It supercedes all previous versions:

http://classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/ccs100.k.bike/ccs100.k.bike.htm

Here's how to install a Rostra Electronic 250-1223 cruise control on a K75 or 2V K100. I just finished that and haven't tested it except for a short stint on the freeway so I may need to fine tune the DIP switch settings but it does work.

http://classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/eleccruise/eleccruise.htm

Which is "better?" I don't have an opinion yet. I need to get some miles on the Rostra one to form an opinion. I'll update this post when I do.
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
carp
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your work on this. I have followed your instructions on my K11lt with the css and it is one of the main reasons I don't think I will ever sell this bike. I think it may last longer than I will ride. Now I need to put the rostra on the Bandit.
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT!

Just got done with the electronic cc on my K100RS4V.

Had a couple problems until I THOROUGHLY read your how-to-do post several times. Then I saw it that you mentioned that the CC brain was very sensitive to grounding the black wire.

After a very fortunate call from Shogs (which included a dip switch consult that she had at FD headquarters), I stuck my head into the bowels of CC central and found my mistake.

Stupid me had anchored the CC ground wire to the bolt that holds the moronic down- bad news. Switching the ground wire to a frame bolt fixed it.

Drake- thanks for the very detailed install post. I am moving this to Tech Resources and Stickies. It is a great resource.

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech Resources & Stickies All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: