K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB top case-back rests/hardware for my Corbin sport seat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldfieldcycles
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: WTB top case-back rests/hardware for my Corbin sport seat Reply with quote

i have a 95 RS and i recently installed a Corbin sport seat, my lady wants a back rest for it. the seat does not have the mounting bracket for the rest, so i am looking for both. i am also looking a top case, i have the OEM rack installed currently.
samandkimberly
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just going through a similar experiment. Converting a Corbin seat that doesn't have a backrest mount pre-installed isn't easy. You can find the brackets on Ebay occasionally but they mount inside the seat, under the upholstery, so you have to dismantle the seat. I'm not sure whether you need to hack the foam or not, but you will need to cut a hole in your cover for the bracket to go through.

I opted out of this approach and got a Givi rack - they're available from Tristed throttle and many other places for about 100.00 and install easily. You then have a selection of top cases to choose from, Givi and other. I went with. Coocase V37 case and a backrest. The total set me back just under $300 with shipping.

Now that its all done, though, my wife still doesn't like the way the Corbin passenger platform leans forward; that will have to change in the future.

Sam
oldfieldcycles
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: givi rack Reply with quote

my seat has factory holes with covers on them for backrests, it also has mounting holes to mount the square bracket. i am also looking at the top case option with a back rest. i think im going to go with a Givi, hopefully i can find something used
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you belong to BMWMOA, check their fleamarket section- that's where I found my Corbin at a very reasonable price.

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: