K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW FORUM: The Dungeon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flying Duck
PsyKotic Waterfowl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: NEW FORUM: The Dungeon Reply with quote

OK, in the interest of sanity and keeping the site focused while giving those who wish to rant or bicker about non-MC stuff a place to do so, I've created "The Dungeon".

Any threads that get needlessly inflammatory or have nothing to do with riding or wrenching will be moved here.

IMPORTANT: The threads here will be "auto-pruned" - if nobody posts to them in a seven day period then they will magically go away to save Ted his storage, bandwidth and sanity. In other words words, if you don't keep arguing and ranting then all of your hard work spent typing will disappear. Twisted Evil
86 K75C w/paralever, hi perf cams,TURBO!
91 & 92 K75Ss
91 K1
86 custom K100
14 WR250R
IBA #17739 (SS1K, BBG, 50CC)
Buy parts HERE
Mystic Red
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start with Al Gore, Nobel Prize winner, oh my God! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
K11 OG #466
will3hawks
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Lazy ass Pennsylvania Department of Transportation workers Reply with quote

Traded bikes with a man from Ohio. Sent the Ohio title in to Penn Dot in late October. All through November I kept calling and getting different varieties of pissed off females who usually spoke some version of Ebonics and let me know that they didn't appreciate their coffee breaks interupted by someone asking them to do their jobs. I was told "we allow ourselves 25 days from the day we receive the title to process it." I finally received the title and registration on December 6th. These people are the rudest, laziest slobs of all the civil servants I have experienced-almost matching the French civil servants my sister told me about when she was in Paris.
"Even if I should die on the road, this would be the will of heaven"
Matsuo Basho, 1644-1694
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honored in knowing that I single-handedly was the reason why this forum was created.

/bows
owrstrich
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody know where i can get a neck gaiter for off the grid when he gets out of hempstead jail...

its mighty cold on the long island and im thinking he needs an neck gaiter... extra long of course to go with that new hjc helmet...

crazy aint it...

owrstrich

Last edited by owrstrich on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Klinker
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, the Campfire forum heading should now read:

Quote:
Campfire
Discuss Anything Here...unless it's needlessly inflammatory or has nothing to do with riding or wrenching
Moderators Ted, Jim, Flying Duck

Hate to see the "Dungeon" threads vaporize. While I appreciate the bandwidth and storage concerns, I find it interesting that the issue did not come up earlier, as when Microsoft Vista and other non-MC topics came up.

But I guess that's the way it works. Most of us don't pay for the storage and bandwidth or put in the time and effort to maintain this site, so we'll have to live with it's rules. This ain't a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship.

And I'm OK with that. Beemered

Only the Reasonists. They believe in an evidence-based world, something called Rationalism. But it's a tiny group, not so influential.
- Page Griffin
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food for thought Kilinker.

Might want to reconsider deleting these threads.

Since its inception this forum has been the hottest, and I don't think that will abate soon.
Jim
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: the dungeon Reply with quote

Klinker wrote:
....snip....
Hate to see the "Dungeon" threads vaporize. While I appreciate the bandwidth and storage concerns, I find it interesting that the issue did not come up earlier, as when Microsoft Vista and other non-MC topics came up.

But I guess that's the way it works. Most of us don't pay for the storage and bandwidth or put in the time and effort to maintain this site, so we'll have to live with it's rules. This ain't a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship.

And I'm OK with that. Beemered

Tip- if you want to keep a thread around for awhile - just post to it once a week. Only threads that people stop responding to will self prune. I think that works pretty well - when people lose interest in something, it will just go away.
1992 K75RTP 46,000
1992 R100R 24,000 - FOR SALE

"We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed."
Moondog
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the grid wrote:
Food for thought Kilinker.

Might want to reconsider deleting these threads.

Since its inception this forum has been the hottest, and I don't think that will abate soon.

What do want? Some individual who attacks an entire religion that doesn't belong on this site. People this a MOTORCYCLE site. if you want to rant about sensitive items, take it somewhere else. MOTORCYCLES people, MOTORCYCLES, lets keep our eye on the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the social aspect of riding. Rally's, socializing, drinking beer, fartin' and carrying on. Smile

2004 R1150RS
1996 K1100RS (moved on to new home)
John S
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from the site:

"The K11OG serves as a clearinghouse for all things K11"

I for one am unable to understand why a site set up for discussion re K1100 bikes feels it appropriate to give a forum to enable people to espouse such utter rubbish as has been brought up on this forum.

One of the nost enjoyable features of this site until recently has been the almost absolute lack of non bike postings. Now I am unable to read posts from some authors without the heart rate and blood pressure rising while thinking oh no it's that tosser again.

Why are we trying to emulate a tabloid paper?

Cheers
john laban
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Drake, for isolating the rants. Nothing wrong with social commentary. But I don't come to an excellent mc site for that.

John
hosehoundfr86
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john laban wrote:
Thanks Drake, for isolating the rants. Nothing wrong with social commentary. But I don't come to an excellent mc site for that.

John

DITTO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> The Dungeon All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: