K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passenger Floorboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owrstrich
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Passenger Floorboards Reply with quote

greetings yawl...

motobrick johnny here... im posting this up for you old geezers who have been looking for a passenger peg fix...

im not sure if you old geezers actually ride your motobricks or just tinker with them out of fear of revving on the redline and possibly cartwheeling off a cliff...

so here it is... another positive contribution by motobrick johnny...

i have been running a passenger peg lowering kit by mv verholen for a long time... all is well with that...

butts... the mickster has developed an issue with her foot that causes pain when she has her toes up in the twisties and while standing up... so our rides have been cut short from time to time so she could convalesce...

i gotts to looking around for a fix and found the illium works sportboards are perfect fit for the k1100rs... they use the oem pin and fit right in there...

the mickster used them today and gives them 1 thumb up... i have them on straight and she would like the front pointing out a little... they have adjustment to move the toe in and out with total movement approx 2"... i didnt have the 1/4 hex they provide so i didnt adjust them on the fly today butts i will set the toes out all the way tomorrow and see how it goes...

they are aluminum power coated gray... im thinking about rattle can black... i will report back here once she getts some more miles on them...

here is the info... 1 pair #11-700 PASSENGER FLOORBOARDS, LOWERED, R1100RT, R1150RT AND R1200RT

more later...

j o
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks jo,

Mrs SHCTD and I were out for about 5+ hours on some twisty back roads.

She likes the Corbin dual tour seat- I have asked her about floorboards before but she wasn't sure.

Once they are further adjusted, let us know how mo likes 'em.

John

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
owrstrich
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im leaving my motobrick in spoakne and wont be back till july 21st so it will be a while for a more detailed report...

i just gotts done f ing with them... there is no adjustment except for the yaw... the angle is fixed... everything is fixed... however there are 2 set screws used to snug them up against the peg support...

ist these screws that allow you to adjust the yaw... approx 1 1/2 inches of metatarsus varus inner yaw to a more natural outer yaw... this is how she likes them... outward yaw...

i didnt have my camera and now its loaded on my truck so no photos of the yaw.... she can stand on them with no foot pain... and they are high enough that her toes do not scrap anymore... so at this point the conclusion is they are keepers...

butts this should give you the idear... the arrows show the yawl...

these red arrows show the set screws... the front screw in and the rear screw out = natural outward yawl... the front screw out and the rear screw in = metatarsus varus inner yawl...

j o
E T
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had just the opposite problem, My GF is 5'1" and the pegs were too low for her on a LT, fabbed up some heighth extensions for the pegs, worked great and actually very simple.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: