K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star com advance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue95lt
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Star com advance? Reply with quote

Any one use one of their products? I got one late 07 and the wire at the mic. Has broke. It appears the scheth at the mic is in still connected.,most of it any way.they say all that warranty
Thx. Keith
lee richter
Mad Brick Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the StarCom Digital Advanced, installed in '10. The only trouble that I've had is it would not pair with the Shark Tooth in my Shark Evoline Helmet. Had to buy there helmet set. It works OK, the head set is not the same quality as the Shark Tooth. But the system itself works just fine. It runs phone, GPS, MP3, CB, Short Wave, and GMRS for Bike to Bike. Their Customer support when I was having pairing trouble was outstanding.
182 Texas Tail Dragger
'39 J3 Cub
2000 HD Soft Tail Sold
2002 R1150R
1994 K1100LT
Nickh

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lee,

I've had a Starcom Advance (Digital) for a few years now, and last year I went mad and bought a couple of Shark Evolines with the Sharktooth system.

I had to get two of the Starcom Wire 3 Bluetooth modules to get the Sharktooth system to work with the Starcom system. I've doubled up the feeds for both Bluetooth units from the 12v output on the Starcom system. Unplugging each one from the helmet inputs allows you to pair each Sharktooth with a specific Wire 3 . . and it worked first time.

At the moment the Starcom system is "noisy" on my bike, picking up a lot of spurious RF . . I suppose the HID headlight is the main culprit, so I'm looking at a couple of ferrite beads for that.

I am also running an old Tom Tom unit which is hardwired into the Starcom system, but the voice output is very quiet, so I'm experimenting with a mates' BTM 02 Bluetooth module for that. I've not yet got around to the bike to bike radio, which I'm going to move into the tail trunk.

At the moment I'm happily wrapping leads and wires in kitchen foil to see if some shielding helps, especially around the in line ballasts (the big block in the GPS wire) and around areas near to the coils and the "Moronic" unit . . should only be a couple of hundred pounds there Rolling Eyes

Expensive . . yes . . but the lack of leads trailing from the helmets is worth it (I feel anyway), and the Sharktooth allows you to go helmet to helmet without the bike powered up.

If you don't ask . . you don't get.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: