K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BT023s - on an LT with RS wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgscomp
Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: BT023s - on an LT with RS wheels Reply with quote

I can only really compare these to the BT021s I was using before. I'm normally a Pirelli fan and used Dragons on all my previous ST4/ST4S Ducatis.
The RS wheels I bought came with 021s and I found they worked pretty well so just kept fitting them.
Last tyre change BT021s had been superceded by the 023s so I just went with them.

I think the 023s are a definate improvement over the 021s. Particularily when the roads are damp or wet.

With dry grip it's hard to detect any huge improvements. I felt in the dry the 021s suited my LT with the RS wheels really well and gave bags of confidence given my riding style...It's a big old thing to chuck around but I never felt I was going to lose the front on the higher lean angles.

The 023s give that same feeling of confidence in the dry but they really shine in the wet. There is a definate, noticeable improvement in grip over the 021s. Slower speed wet corners and turns in urban areas on the 021s always left me feeling I had to be extra careful or I'd lose the front - I never did, but there was this nagging feeling that the risk was there.

I rode back in the first wet day after fitting them and was nearly home when I realised I was much more relaxed and hadn't felt that nervous feeling through the towns and slow corners. I was actually enjoying the ride instead of focused on how careful to take these wet corners.

So to me the 023s work really well on a RS wheeled LT and give a huge improvement over the 021s in the wet. No directional stability issues and pretty good mileage from them too.
mtnroads
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently mounted the BT-023's on my K-LT, with the wider rear wheel from an R1100RT. It feels much better than with bias ply tires but I have no other radial experience to compare with on this bike. Definitely improved the handling (very neutral) and high speed stability. I hope to get 6-8K out of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Product Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: