K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vibration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeeves
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Avon Storm 2 Ultra Reply with quote

SugarHillCTD wrote:
Karlos11 wrote:
First impression on the Avon's: they provide a very confortable and smooth ride, and allow great leaning angles. I feel much more confident in curves. Seems that the front suspension was renewed! The bike glides through the road and leans without any effort.

I rode the first kilometers in the rain with the tire wax still on, but they did well. Further rides are required to confirm the positive impresson.

Carlos,

So your experience seems in line with my own- "leans without effort" is a good way of explaining it. (but again is some of it going from somewhat worn tires to new?)

Karlos11 wrote:
One note: the new tires put an end to some handlebar vibrations that appeared between 45 and 50 mph. The front began to wobble, specially if I was only gripping the accelerator. Now, the K is perfectly stable.

I haven't noticed any change in front end behavior, but I hadn't sensed any before the tire change. Vibration in general is a bit more on this bike ('92 K100RS) vs. my old brick ('93 K1100RS) but that has been discussed on this forum before- each K engine has its own character.

Karlos11 wrote:
......They're softer. Let's see if the difference is worth while, durability wise.

Within reason I have always gone with a softer tire if available. I do not mind changing rubber a bit more often to gain "bite". But as you say we will have to see about durability. Hopefully the Avons will last for the remainder of our riding season which ends here sometime between October and (possibly) December.

But so far, so good. Very Happy

John
speaking of vibration i noticed when under backpressure my k11 was beginning to backfire(turned out it was an exhaust leak) so after bellypan off noticed 2 nuts missing and very front stud missing so i replaced these and after that i noticed a vibration in the bars about 4,000 rpm,so looked in manual @ torque for these nuts and maybe i tightened a bit too much,anyway backed them off a bit,but don't want them to loosen again but vibration remains right around 4,000 rpm,,is this character or what,,any comments help thanks Jeeves,,ps vibration is not terrible but noticable
Mystic Red
Flying Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but vibration remains right around 4,000 rpm,,is this character or what,,any comments help thanks Jeeves,,ps vibration is not terrible but noticable

Pretty much normal. Have you synched your throttle bodies recently?
K11 OG #466
Jeeves
Big Brick Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic Red wrote:
Quote:
but vibration remains right around 4,000 rpm,,is this character or what,,any comments help thanks Jeeves,,ps vibration is not terrible but noticable

Pretty much normal. Have you synched your throttle bodies recently?
not since i've had it and don't know when it was done last,,,i'll talk to my bmw expert about this thanks jeeves
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: