| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
Scott_Anderson Site Admin
Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 3128 Location: Central Iowa, USA
|
Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:09 am Post subject: |
|
|
| SugarHillCTD wrote: | | ...... But once I had to split the bike essentially in half I didn't hesitate to do just about any other repairs...... |
+1
3 yrs ago I wouldn't have thought of pulling a head(and I didn't).
It wouldn't bother me a bit today to tear one down. _________________ Ride safe.
1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
blitheringidiot
Joined: 10 Jan 2011 Posts: 7 Location: SLC, UT
|
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:19 am Post subject: |
|
|
| $5,200 with about six hours to go, and the reserve still hasn't been met. It is being sold by a dealer, so maybe that has something to do with the high reserve. Fun stuff to watch. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Geoff Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 08 Feb 2007 Posts: 551 Location: Illinois
|
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:06 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Nice looking bike in the ad. I noticed it has a black drive shaft housing. Besides the color, of course, is there any difference between black and silver? _________________ 2000 R1100RT
2008 H-D Electra Glide Ultra Classic |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:30 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Yes! The black final drive (aka BFD) has OTG drool marks all over it
Seriously, no internal difference- black, silver or gold _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|