K11 Owners Group Forum Index K11 Owners Group
K11 Owners Group
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meet the Good People!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Pictures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 762
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Meet the Good People! Reply with quote

So, I just arrived home, here in São Paulo, from New York and Pensilvania, and here some pictures.
In New York I meet with Dave (OTG) and Paula.
What a great couple they are!! I don't have words to describe they hospitality and attention!!

Trying to beat Dave in hungry...

A taste of the Northport Farmers Omelete.

Here with Paula. See you both in december.

A RT-P lost somewhere in Long Island.

Here now in Hershey, PA.
I believe will not fit in the Bantam....

Here with Jim, who fight agains with almost a hurricane to meet me. Thanks for the attention!

Jim's great ride. I hope the supports fit.

The Special from Chocolate Hershey's Grill.

And Jim, ready for the front...

I would like to thanks again Dave, Paula and Jim fot all the attention and friendship!
Hope to see you in Brazil someday.
Guilherme.
_________________
1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChrisWeeK1100RS
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 06 Sep 2009
Posts: 162
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pictures!! Love the bikes...also, can you FedEX me that omelete??? Dang that looks good Razz

Chris
_________________
"Ride hard or stay home..."
'93 BMW K1100RS
Mileage: 37,000km-ish
Malaysia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
owrstrich
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2566
Location: CheezConsin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheres all the old car photos...

j o
_________________
yeeeeeehaaaaaaa...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 4238
Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilherme,

Good to hear that your trip was successful and that you were able to experience OTG for yourself.

Now, did Jim have a safe return also?

and how are the parts?

John
_________________
John & Cathy

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jim
Site Admin


Joined: 17 May 2003
Posts: 3841
Location: WHERETHEFUNNEVERENDS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Guilherme at the Hershey Auto Show Reply with quote

Yeah - I made it back. Got a little chilly - it was an incredibly windy ride. I haven't seen my winter gloves since I got back from the west coast. Might have to get some Gerbings.


Guilherme's ride - a hybrid


check the price tag on the Buick! $43,500.00 YIKES!


lots of rusty metal looking for a lot of money...


Guilherme with a "gyro on a bun"


I had a "club"

It was great to meet Guilherme in person! Too bad I had to come back for work - I could have stayed at the car show a couple of days.
_________________
Jim
1997 K1100LTSE 94,000 - still has gremlins!
1995 R100RT Classic 16,650 crashed - repaired!
1992 K75RTP 46,000

"We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Off the grid
Chaotic Good


Joined: 05 Jul 2006
Posts: 3414
Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a pleasure it was to meet Gui. I wish we had more time together....funny, smart as hell and nice. Not to mention good English. Whats not to like?

I'm in Montauk fishing atm but will post some pictures when I get home.
_________________
Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Geoff
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 551
Location: Illinois

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, and great looking food! I bet people were really excited when the winning olympic bid was announced.
_________________
2000 R1100RT
2008 H-D Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 762
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks guys for the kind attention!
Jim, a visit to the Whashington DC and all the beautifull places in there is in my future plans....
Dave, fhishing some Tarpons in Montauk could be great!
And here are some old car pics, jo!!




















Great cars, great bikes and great moments!!@
Guilherme.
_________________
1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil Marvin
Rider in the Sky


Joined: 03 Apr 2003
Posts: 1389
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Gui,
I'll leave you to fish for tarpon wherever you want. I'll take the Pierce-Arrow in your first pictiure! I had a nice talk a few years ago with the owner of a 1916 Pierce-Arrow. He and the car (on a trailer) were in a rest area near El Paso. Also, I have ridden in a 1918 Locomobile Model 45 as well as a 1926 Hispano-Suiza. They were wonderful cars.
_________________
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 762
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Phil!
I'm glad to know that your trip was fine! 5.500miles is not for everyone....even in the perfect USA roads.
And a Texas trip in the future is in my plans.... Cool
I want a lot to see the Buddy Holly Museum in Lubbock. I'm a great Buddy Holly fan.
Pierce Arrows, Locomobiles....they don't do cars today as before, in the good and in the bad aspects. Wink
Gui
_________________
1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil Marvin
Rider in the Sky


Joined: 03 Apr 2003
Posts: 1389
Location: El Paso, Texas, USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Gui,
El Paso is far from Lubbock, but not as far as Brazil! If you come to Texas, let me know. I have 3 K75 bikes. If you have the time to ride, you're welcome to use one for a day, a week, as long as you need it.
_________________
Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ChrisWeeK1100RS
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 06 Sep 2009
Posts: 162
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmalacarne wrote:
Hi, Phil!
I'm glad to know that your trip was fine! 5.500miles is not for everyone....even in the perfect USA roads.


5500 miles???? Holy smokes....that would be like me riding from my house to Bangkok in Thailand and back FIVE times....the entire length of Peninsular Malaysia is not that long, not even close. Respect!

Chris
_________________
"Ride hard or stay home..."
'93 BMW K1100RS
Mileage: 37,000km-ish
Malaysia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hirschhs
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 343
Location: Bucks, UK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great pics! Glad you chaps had a good time. I'm only a leeeeetle bit jealous!! Wink
_________________
Cheers, Steve H _______________________________________
K-less in Bucks
2001 ST1100A

1994 Yamaha 600 Diversion 'Hers'
2006 Kawasaki Z750s 'Hers'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rydor
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 16 Nov 2006
Posts: 1304
Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Meet the Good People! Reply with quote

Great pics! I'd love to meet you guys one day!Very Happy
I wonder how many more brand new crated 50's Triumphs there are besides that one??





drmalacarne wrote:
Trying to beat Dave in hungry...

That's NOT gonna happen Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 762
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Dave, please tells Paula that Adriana loved the Copenhagen Brownie!!
She thanks Paula a lot for rebembers her!
Steve, next year I'll try to visit you and drinks some old Britsh Beers....
Rydor, That Triumph realy is a rare find! Wants to make a bid?!
Razz
Gui
_________________
1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 4238
Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmalacarne wrote:
And a Texas trip in the future is in my plans.... Cool
I want a lot to see the Buddy Holly Museum in Lubbock. I'm a great Buddy Holly fan.


Doc,

You have GOT to let the group know when you are coming to Texas. I will be there (and I expect that many others will show up also). We can all stay with Phil, as long as he cooks up some sauce. Laughing

(By the way, Cathy and I had some of your spaghetti sauce tonight Phil, it was excellent.)

Glad your trip to NY and Pa was good. Very Happy

John
_________________
John & Cathy

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 762
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarHillCTD wrote:
drmalacarne wrote:
And a Texas trip in the future is in my plans.... Cool
I want a lot to see the Buddy Holly Museum in Lubbock. I'm a great Buddy Holly fan.


Doc,

You have GOT to let the group know when you are coming to Texas. I will be there (and I expect that many others will show up also). We can all stay with Phil, as long as he cooks up some sauce. Laughing

(By the way, Cathy and I had some of your spaghetti sauce tonight Phil, it was excellent.)

Glad your trip to NY and Pa was good. Very Happy

John


John.
A trip to Texas to be with Phill some days is in my "must have to do" itens!
Maybe in the next years....
And you'll be advised when this happen.
Gui
_________________
1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drmalacarne
Flying Brick Rider


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 762
Location: São Paulo, Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot....
The Johnny and Jimmy picture!!
I don't know who played with my feets in the morning.....

Guilherme.
_________________
1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scott_Anderson
Site Admin


Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 3128
Location: Central Iowa, USA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc, probably the same one that was playing with my feets in the morning as well.
_________________
Ride safe.



1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
SugarHillCTD
Site Admin


Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 4238
Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we see who rules YOUR house!!!

Cathy (the other half of SugarhillCTD)
_________________
John & Cathy

'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    K11 Owners Group Forum Index -> Pictures All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group