| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
drmalacarne Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 02 Mar 2008 Posts: 762 Location: São Paulo, Brazil
|
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:46 pm Post subject: Meet the Good People! |
|
|
So, I just arrived home, here in São Paulo, from New York and Pensilvania, and here some pictures.
In New York I meet with Dave (OTG) and Paula.
What a great couple they are!! I don't have words to describe they hospitality and attention!!
Trying to beat Dave in hungry...
A taste of the Northport Farmers Omelete.
Here with Paula. See you both in december.
A RT-P lost somewhere in Long Island.
Here now in Hershey, PA.
I believe will not fit in the Bantam....
Here with Jim, who fight agains with almost a hurricane to meet me. Thanks for the attention!
Jim's great ride. I hope the supports fit.
The Special from Chocolate Hershey's Grill.
And Jim, ready for the front...
I would like to thanks again Dave, Paula and Jim fot all the attention and friendship!
Hope to see you in Brazil someday.
Guilherme. _________________ 1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
ChrisWeeK1100RS Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 06 Sep 2009 Posts: 162 Location: Malaysia
|
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:15 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Awesome pictures!! Love the bikes...also, can you FedEX me that omelete??? Dang that looks good
Chris _________________ "Ride hard or stay home..."
'93 BMW K1100RS
Mileage: 37,000km-ish
Malaysia |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
owrstrich Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 29 Oct 2006 Posts: 2566 Location: CheezConsin
|
Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:39 pm Post subject: |
|
|
wheres all the old car photos...
j o _________________ yeeeeeehaaaaaaa... |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:47 am Post subject: |
|
|
Guilherme,
Good to hear that your trip was successful and that you were able to experience OTG for yourself.
Now, did Jim have a safe return also?
and how are the parts?
John _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Jim Site Admin

Joined: 17 May 2003 Posts: 3841 Location: WHERETHEFUNNEVERENDS
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:51 pm Post subject: Guilherme at the Hershey Auto Show |
|
|
Yeah - I made it back. Got a little chilly - it was an incredibly windy ride. I haven't seen my winter gloves since I got back from the west coast. Might have to get some Gerbings.
Guilherme's ride - a hybrid
check the price tag on the Buick! $43,500.00 YIKES!
lots of rusty metal looking for a lot of money...
Guilherme with a "gyro on a bun"
I had a "club"
It was great to meet Guilherme in person! Too bad I had to come back for work - I could have stayed at the car show a couple of days. _________________ Jim
1997 K1100LTSE 94,000 - still has gremlins!
1995 R100RT Classic 16,650 crashed - repaired!
1992 K75RTP 46,000
"We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed." |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Off the grid Chaotic Good

Joined: 05 Jul 2006 Posts: 3414 Location: At the local taco truck waiting for Jo.
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 pm Post subject: |
|
|
What a pleasure it was to meet Gui. I wish we had more time together....funny, smart as hell and nice. Not to mention good English. Whats not to like?
I'm in Montauk fishing atm but will post some pictures when I get home. _________________ Bane of your existence since July 2006
2007 Triumph Tiger ABS. "Sabertooth"
2009 Husqvarna TE610. "The dirty Italian mistress"
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Geoff Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 08 Feb 2007 Posts: 551 Location: Illinois
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:48 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Nice pics, and great looking food! I bet people were really excited when the winning olympic bid was announced. _________________ 2000 R1100RT
2008 H-D Electra Glide Ultra Classic |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drmalacarne Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 02 Mar 2008 Posts: 762 Location: São Paulo, Brazil
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Many thanks guys for the kind attention!
Jim, a visit to the Whashington DC and all the beautifull places in there is in my future plans....
Dave, fhishing some Tarpons in Montauk could be great!
And here are some old car pics, jo!!
Great cars, great bikes and great moments!!@
Guilherme. _________________ 1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phil Marvin Rider in the Sky
Joined: 03 Apr 2003 Posts: 1389 Location: El Paso, Texas, USA
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:02 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hi, Gui,
I'll leave you to fish for tarpon wherever you want. I'll take the Pierce-Arrow in your first pictiure! I had a nice talk a few years ago with the owner of a 1916 Pierce-Arrow. He and the car (on a trailer) were in a rest area near El Paso. Also, I have ridden in a 1918 Locomobile Model 45 as well as a 1926 Hispano-Suiza. They were wonderful cars. _________________ Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drmalacarne Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 02 Mar 2008 Posts: 762 Location: São Paulo, Brazil
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:11 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hi, Phil!
I'm glad to know that your trip was fine! 5.500miles is not for everyone....even in the perfect USA roads.
And a Texas trip in the future is in my plans....
I want a lot to see the Buddy Holly Museum in Lubbock. I'm a great Buddy Holly fan.
Pierce Arrows, Locomobiles....they don't do cars today as before, in the good and in the bad aspects.
Gui _________________ 1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Phil Marvin Rider in the Sky
Joined: 03 Apr 2003 Posts: 1389 Location: El Paso, Texas, USA
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:35 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Hi, Gui,
El Paso is far from Lubbock, but not as far as Brazil! If you come to Texas, let me know. I have 3 K75 bikes. If you have the time to ride, you're welcome to use one for a day, a week, as long as you need it. _________________ Ride Safe,
Phil Marvin in El Paso, TX
'94 K75A/3
'95 K75RTP |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
ChrisWeeK1100RS Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 06 Sep 2009 Posts: 162 Location: Malaysia
|
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:46 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| drmalacarne wrote: | Hi, Phil!
I'm glad to know that your trip was fine! 5.500miles is not for everyone....even in the perfect USA roads. |
5500 miles???? Holy smokes....that would be like me riding from my house to Bangkok in Thailand and back FIVE times....the entire length of Peninsular Malaysia is not that long, not even close. Respect!
Chris _________________ "Ride hard or stay home..."
'93 BMW K1100RS
Mileage: 37,000km-ish
Malaysia |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
hirschhs Flying Brick Rider

Joined: 28 Dec 2006 Posts: 343 Location: Bucks, UK
|
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:26 am Post subject: |
|
|
great pics! Glad you chaps had a good time. I'm only a leeeeetle bit jealous!!  _________________ Cheers, Steve H _______________________________________
K-less in Bucks
2001 ST1100A
1994 Yamaha 600 Diversion 'Hers'
2006 Kawasaki Z750s 'Hers'
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
rydor Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 16 Nov 2006 Posts: 1304 Location: Southern Illinois, U.S.A.
|
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: Meet the Good People! |
|
|
Great pics! I'd love to meet you guys one day!
I wonder how many more brand new crated 50's Triumphs there are besides that one??
| drmalacarne wrote: | | Trying to beat Dave in hungry... |
That's NOT gonna happen  |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drmalacarne Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 02 Mar 2008 Posts: 762 Location: São Paulo, Brazil
|
Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm Post subject: |
|
|
And Dave, please tells Paula that Adriana loved the Copenhagen Brownie!!
She thanks Paula a lot for rebembers her!
Steve, next year I'll try to visit you and drinks some old Britsh Beers....
Rydor, That Triumph realy is a rare find! Wants to make a bid?!
Gui _________________ 1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:59 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| drmalacarne wrote: | And a Texas trip in the future is in my plans....
I want a lot to see the Buddy Holly Museum in Lubbock. I'm a great Buddy Holly fan. |
Doc,
You have GOT to let the group know when you are coming to Texas. I will be there (and I expect that many others will show up also). We can all stay with Phil, as long as he cooks up some sauce.
(By the way, Cathy and I had some of your spaghetti sauce tonight Phil, it was excellent.)
Glad your trip to NY and Pa was good.
John _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drmalacarne Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 02 Mar 2008 Posts: 762 Location: São Paulo, Brazil
|
Posted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:03 pm Post subject: |
|
|
| SugarHillCTD wrote: | | drmalacarne wrote: | And a Texas trip in the future is in my plans....
I want a lot to see the Buddy Holly Museum in Lubbock. I'm a great Buddy Holly fan. |
Doc,
You have GOT to let the group know when you are coming to Texas. I will be there (and I expect that many others will show up also). We can all stay with Phil, as long as he cooks up some sauce.
(By the way, Cathy and I had some of your spaghetti sauce tonight Phil, it was excellent.)
Glad your trip to NY and Pa was good.
John |
John.
A trip to Texas to be with Phill some days is in my "must have to do" itens!
Maybe in the next years....
And you'll be advised when this happen.
Gui _________________ 1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
drmalacarne Flying Brick Rider
Joined: 02 Mar 2008 Posts: 762 Location: São Paulo, Brazil
|
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 pm Post subject: |
|
|
I almost forgot....
The Johnny and Jimmy picture!!
I don't know who played with my feets in the morning.....
Guilherme. _________________ 1994 K1100LT SE n° 0267
1998 HD Heritage Springer 95th anniversary
Yes, a Hog and a Beemer can live together! |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Scott_Anderson Site Admin
Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 3128 Location: Central Iowa, USA
|
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:49 pm Post subject: |
|
|
Doc, probably the same one that was playing with my feets in the morning as well. _________________ Ride safe.
1997 K1100LT 0302488
2017 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Garmin StreetPilot 2820
Garmin Zumo 550
Garmin Zumo XT
"One who does not ask questions is ashamed to learn" Danish proverb
1995 K1100LT 0302044(R.I.P.)
1997 R1100RT ZC62149(sold) |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
SugarHillCTD Site Admin

Joined: 10 Oct 2007 Posts: 4238 Location: Now in Eastern Pennsylvania
|
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:25 pm Post subject: |
|
|
So we see who rules YOUR house!!!
Cathy (the other half of SugarhillCTD) _________________ John & Cathy
'92 K100RS4V Pearl White SOLD
'04 K1200GT
IBA Several-SS1k, BBG, 50CC NYC to S.F. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|